none
Allocating Resources for only particular recurring days to work RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I want to assign resource A to project A from an enterprise resource pool that only works Monday and Tuesday recurring.

I then want Resource A to work Wed, Thur, and Friday on other projects.

If I assign a resource calendar to resource A showing Wed, Thur, and Fri as "non working" then that will work for project A, but Wed, Thur, and Fri will not be available to other projects.

Essentially this is like a resource profile/calndar per project.

How would I make this possible, as this is quite a common thing to need to do with resources?

Thanks

Jeff

• Edited by Uthall Wednesday, September 7, 2016 12:24 AM
    Wednesday, September 7, 2016 12:22 AM

Answers

• Hi Jeff,

Unfortunately you cannot define resource availability per project. Meaning that as you noticed, the resource calendar applies for all projects. If it is a generic resource, a workaround would be to use 2 resources. If it is a named resource, the project managers will have to manually schedule the assignments accordingly.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Wednesday, September 7, 2016 7:04 AM

All replies

• Hi Jeff,

Unfortunately you cannot define resource availability per project. Meaning that as you noticed, the resource calendar applies for all projects. If it is a generic resource, a workaround would be to use 2 resources. If it is a named resource, the project managers will have to manually schedule the assignments accordingly.

Hope this helps,

Wednesday, September 7, 2016 7:04 AM
  • Thanks Guillaume,

Really dissapointing tho, its very typical to have a resource assigned for a certain number of recurring days per week to one project, and then use the remaining days on others.

Im wondering why this isnt possible on such a comprehensive service like Project Saerver?

Thanks

Jeff

Wednesday, September 7, 2016 7:16 AM
  • I do agree Jeff. Moreover I do remember that some other PPM tools provide such a feature.

Hope this helps,

Wednesday, September 7, 2016 7:29 AM
  • Ok, much appreciated.

Project Server has the benfit of integratng with MS Project professional, which is where may of the others fail unfortunatly.

Wednesday, September 7, 2016 7:53 AM