STOP 0x000006B error. RRS feed

• General discussion

• As per the Microsoft KB, it happens due to bootcache.cat file.

I solved the problem using the following method.But i dont know what is the bootcat.cache file and its roles?

Safe mode booting also shows the same error. This error occurs because the Bootcat.cache file is corrupted or because the size of the Bootcat.cache file is changed since the last successful start. In order to repair this issue, booting with any Live  media  and need to delete the Bootcat.cache file is located at %SystemRoot%\system32\codeintegrity – [ or C:/windows/system32/codeintegrity ]. Once you have deleted the file restart your computer normally

• Changed type Carey FrischMVP Monday, September 19, 2011 1:17 PM Comment
    • Moved by Carey FrischMVP Monday, September 19, 2011 1:17 PM Moved to more appropriate forum category (From:Windows 7 Miscellaneous)
    Monday, September 19, 2011 8:29 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on my research on this specific file, the Catalogue-signed drivers accessed at boot are added to bootcat.cache for performance improvement.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, September 22, 2011 7:05 AM