virtual Windows 8 machine stops(?) after installing a lot of updates in "updating your system" 11% RRS feed

• Question

• Hi together,

I have a virtual Windows 8 machine that had houndres of updates to install.

After finishing the updates and rebooting the system the machine stops (or takes very long time?) with "updating your system" 11% (for more than 12 hours).

For sure there is important data on the machine ;-).

I read about a problem with an old update (november)...

Any idea how to figure out if the machine is "only" very slow or how to proceed?

Greetings/Grüße Gernot

Tuesday, March 1, 2016 12:07 PM

All replies

• Hi Gernot,

Based on your description, I noticed that your system hangs on “updating your system” 11%.

First of all, we may try turning it on in safe mode with networking first, then try restart the update.

The windows update troubleshooter may be a good idea, please try it.

Troubleshoot problems with installing updates: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/troubleshoot-problems-installing-updates#1TC=windows-8

In addition, for more about the issue, please refer to the link:

Windows Update freezes when you install updates in Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2700567

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Tony_Tao Thursday, March 10, 2016 7:07 AM
    Wednesday, March 2, 2016 11:47 AM
  • Hi,

because of missing time I just went back to the last snapshot and stops investigation in this case.

But thanks for answer.

Greetings/Grüße Gernot

Friday, March 4, 2016 10:03 AM
  • OK, If you are experiencing any troubles in Windows 10, feel free to let me know. I will be more than happy to be of assistance.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 7, 2016 1:06 AM