none
Display employee photo in request view RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

We want to upload employees’ photos to AD trough FIM, and we want a specific person to check
    the picture before it's published.

I've created an approval workflow, the problem is that I cannot see the uploaded picture,
    only the operation performed on the Photo attribute in the request window of
    the FIM portal.

I've read on the forum that you cannot add a thumbnail picture in a mail notification. Is
    it possible to modify the request view RCDC to do it? I looked into the config
    XML and I'm pretty stuck :(

Thanks again,

Cristian Costea

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 7:18 AM

All replies

• This might help:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ilm2/thread/c19c389e-6044-47bb-afb4-d2bfe5a120e0/

As well as reading here:

http://www.identitychaos.com/2009/11/fim-2010-rc11-customizing-request.html

Just remember, Brad's excellent article is only referring to customizing, not the way you want, but it should be useful for generic information on how to do some customizations on the specific RCDC you are trying to edit.

Let us know if you are successful and what the resultant XML code looks like.  Sounds like something everyone could possibly use if you make it work.

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 1:22 PM
  • I haven't tried this, but would it be ok for the picture to be sent in the approval pending notification email?

If so, you may be able to create a custom workflow to get the image and encode it so that you can insert it into the email body as an inline image. I think someone tried that and got it to work.

Would that be a possibility, or do they need to see it in the portal?

Frank C. Drewes III - Architect - Oxford Computer Group

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 9:51 PM
  • Hi Frank,

They need to see the picture in order to approve it one way or the other, either mail or request view should be fine. I want to try first RCDC's, if that won't work we will create a custom workflow.

Best regards,
    Cristian Costea

Friday, August 24, 2012 8:34 AM
  • The problem is you're looking at the request object so if it were possible (and I'm not sure it is) you'd have to extend the Request object schema to include a photo attribute and then use a custom WF to copy the photo to the request object. Every request object would then have this photo field, whether it was for a photo approval or not.

How about something like this: add a "Photo Approved" tickbox to the person schema and RCDC. A person can then upload any photo they want but it can't flow or be seen by anyone else until it has been approved. Then use a Notification WF to tell the approver to go and tick the box. 

http://www.wapshere.com/missmiis

Monday, August 27, 2012 9:59 PM
  • Carol, this is exactly what I've implemented at one of my customer's deployment. This was also due to regulatory requirements as photos uploaded into FIM are also being used to produce some other things like badges, photos in a GAL, door badges etc. So every person can authorize or not usage of such photo with additional check box exposed through RCDC.

Good side of it is that because we have additional attribute which says if photo is approved or not and we have user consent for its usage we can also use this in a synchronization flows to flow or not photo to a target systems. 

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 9:31 AM