Error: your user name or group cannot be located in a required Forefront UAG local group RRS feed

• Question

• We are using UAG 2010, and get the following error:

ADFS User Group
    You have authenticated successfully using Active Directory Federated Services (ADFS), but your user name or group cannot be located in a required Forefront UAG local group.

and I have tried everything from disabling the trunk to deleting and recreating it. Is there something else that could cause this? We are not using ADFS, but use Active directory authentication, and have "authorize all users" checked in the portal properties authorization tab. I also tried to disable all authentication, but same error. We are using hostname (FQDN) for accessing the application, not IP address.

Any thoughts, what could cause this?

Thanks.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010 2:32 PM

Answers

All replies

• I believe your Authentication Repository is configured incorrectly. Have a look here, and verify that you have followed the config:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd857231.aspx

Ben Ari
    Microsoft CSS UAG/IAG Support
    Sammamish, WA
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Wednesday, December 22, 2010 11:01 PM
    Wednesday, December 22, 2010 11:01 PM
  • We are also facing the same problem and we have configured all the steps specified at the above link , however we could not find the following settings:

4.Right-click the first rule (Allow Access to directory services for authentication purposes), and then click Edit.

5.On the To tab, ensure that the destination includes the network in which the domain controller is located, or click Add to specifically add the domain controller. Click Close, and then click OK.

Can you plz let us know if thees steps have anything to do with the above error? Are we suppose to do any more configuration, plz let us know as soon as possible

Note: We are trying to access a website(which is added as an app under a UAG http trunk) on WP7 device , Also please let us know if we can really access such websites using UAG

Wednesday, March 9, 2011 3:15 PM