none
PPS on Windows XP RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

I just installed the PPS on my XP machine, not a VPC Win2003 Server, with prerequisites all OK except for SharePoint Srever 2007, and validation all OK.

Yet whenever I try to do anything with any kind of connectivity action I receive an error message "Unable to connect...."

This happens when I try to Connect to the monitoring server http://localhost:40000/WebService/PmService.asmx: "Unable to connect to server", or try to create a data source connecting to SSAS.  My SSAS works, just browsed the cube, and is a named installation:

Provider=SQLNCLI.1;Data Source=LTD830\SQL2005;Persist Security Info=False;Integrated Security=SSPI;Initial Catalog=AdventureWorksPPS

I receive a message: "Unable to connect to the specified server.  Make sure the address is correct.".

Will you please help?  Thank you in advance!

Rafael

Tuesday, July 8, 2008 10:07 PM

Answers

• OK, so after palying a bit with this entire system I discovered that omitting the port number completely allowed me to access the server. 

Then I changed the permissions for the SSAS database, needed or not, to allow full permissions for Administrators.

Both issues are resolved, however crudely.

R.

Tuesday, July 8, 2008 11:35 PM