how to package a plugin for Office RRS feed

• Question

• How Can I sequence a plugin and stream it as a file ?

I am quit new in this

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 11:11 AM

All replies

• I created a project and from that an MSI.

First I got an error that I cannot stream from file.

I changed the registry that worked.

Then it tells me it cannot find the file..

Ok so I tried to enter the name of the exe on the deployment tab no success..... then I tried the name of the OSD ... also no sucess.

What Should I do to make it run word with the plugin?

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 11:25 AM
  • Streaming Office plug-ins will really dependant on how you are deploying Office.

If you are installing Office, then I would recommend against sequencing add-ins and just install them as you would normally. The reason for this is that you will need to add shortcuts to the installed Office applications so that the Office applications are run within the virtual environment for the add-in. You would also have to cover other entry points such as DDE and file type associations - not an easy task.

If you are streaming Office, you can add the add-in directly to the Office package, or use Dynamic Suite Composition to add the plug-in package to the Office package at runtime: http://blogs.technet.com/b/appv/archive/2008/09/24/how-to-dynamically-suite-two-application-packages-using-app-v-4-5-and-dsc.aspx

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 11:34 AM
  • Office is already on the system. This is the same on the sequencer.

The problem is that it cannot start it. I have created a shortcut on the desktop and it gives a failure " The Filename, or Volume Label syntax is incorrect"

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 12:14 PM
  • Is this because of Server URL and path is wrong? What should I enter there? I just want to run the MSI on a client and create a shortcut to run the app

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 12:29 PM
  • Is this an App-V error message or an Office error message? If it's an App-V error message, you can copy the entire text (just press Ctrl-C when the dialog has focus) and paste it in here.
    Wednesday, June 23, 2010 12:47 PM