locked
Software Deployment SCCM 2012 RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi!

    I'm trying to deploy adobe reader to software center, for my clients. However. I get to deploy it, but when I install i get "failed".

    error: 0x80070002(-2147024894) - I've tried to google and bing it, but no answert. 

    Any ideas on what to do?

    On one klients it is the domain adminsitrator who's installing, and on the other it's the primary user.

    It says on the SCCM monitoring page that it is a "bad enviroment"

    • Edited by Karpets Monday, March 18, 2013 4:07 PM
    Monday, March 18, 2013 3:54 PM

Answers

  • 80070002 = The system cannot find the file specified.

    Can you give some more details on how you have defined the application? Any errors in the client log files?

    Monday, March 18, 2013 4:15 PM
  • Regarding your search for AppEnforce.log...   that is only used for Applications.  You will want to check good old execmgr.log for info about Package/Program deployments.

     

    If you are still having issues, post the section of the log from the last time the client tried to install your updated package/program.

     

    Nash


    Nash Pherson, Senior Systems Consultant
    Now Micro - My Blog Posts
    <-- If this post was helpful, please click "Vote as Helpful".

    • Proposed as answer by Garth JonesMVP Friday, February 6, 2015 12:03 AM
    • Marked as answer by Garth JonesMVP Tuesday, October 27, 2015 5:07 PM
    Monday, March 18, 2013 5:23 PM

All replies

  • 80070002 = The system cannot find the file specified.

    Can you give some more details on how you have defined the application? Any errors in the client log files?

    Monday, March 18, 2013 4:15 PM
  • there are three computers involved.
    I have one computer thats a file server, one that's an SCCM server and one client.

    The Adobe reader software is decleared pretty much basic. Standard program, correct version and language.  Deployed with allowed and not required. It gets to the software center, but it fails every time. The software is on the file server (which the client kan connect to, so does the SCCM).


    I can btw install it manually from the file server, but that's not an option for me.

    • Edited by Karpets Monday, March 18, 2013 4:22 PM
    Monday, March 18, 2013 4:20 PM
  • Have you reviewed AppEnforce.log on the client?

    Jason | http://blog.configmgrftw.com

    Monday, March 18, 2013 4:25 PM
  • Did you chose the option "Automatically detect information about the application from the installfiles" when you created the app? This is pretty helpful to avoid mistakes in defining the app or the deployment method.

    What about content? Everything is properly distributed to the DP?

    Monday, March 18, 2013 4:26 PM
  • Have you reviewed AppEnforce.log on the client?

    Jason | http://blog.configmgrftw.com

    is it possible that that log has another name? can't find it on my client

    I*ve looked in the windows/ccm/log folder

    Did you chose the option "Automatically detect information about the application from the installfiles" when you created the app? This is pretty helpful to avoid mistakes in defining the app or the deployment method.

    What about content? Everything is properly distributed to the DP?

    Did not get that option when I created the pack, i've seen through what I did, and that was not an option.

    It's weird that you're questions aren't options for me to do something about. I might think I'm doing something wrong.

    If it helps, its on sccm 2012 Sp1

    • Edited by Karpets Monday, March 18, 2013 4:36 PM
    Monday, March 18, 2013 4:30 PM
  • Karpets,

     

    Are you using an Application/Deployment Type or a Package/Program to distribute the application?

     

    Regardless, the first thing to check would be that you have the right source folder specified for the Deployment Type or Package.

      

    The second thing to check is that you have a valid command line specified in the Deployment Type or Program.  Can you copy/paste the command line specified for this app?

     

    Nash


    Nash Pherson, Senior Systems Consultant
    Now Micro - My Blog Posts
    <-- If this post was helpful, please click "Vote as Helpful".

    • Marked as answer by Karpets Monday, March 18, 2013 5:06 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Karpets Monday, March 18, 2013 5:07 PM
    Monday, March 18, 2013 4:39 PM
  • I'm using Package/Program.


    My command line is install_reader11_nogtbp_chra_aih.exe . Now that you ask I have a feeling that that's not correct. However, when i choose browse it tells to find and execute file. Quite confusing, if i'm wrong

    Monday, March 18, 2013 4:49 PM
  • Using browse just helps type in the file name.  You will need to add the appropriate command line switches for installing it silently.

     


    Nash Pherson, Senior Systems Consultant
    Now Micro - My Blog Posts
    <-- If this post was helpful, please click "Vote as Helpful".

    Monday, March 18, 2013 5:10 PM
  • I'm not going to install it silently. The user is going to install it manually. But I see your point, thanks for the help.
    I'll continue this post if nothing is changing

    Monday, March 18, 2013 5:13 PM
  • Regarding your search for AppEnforce.log...   that is only used for Applications.  You will want to check good old execmgr.log for info about Package/Program deployments.

     

    If you are still having issues, post the section of the log from the last time the client tried to install your updated package/program.

     

    Nash


    Nash Pherson, Senior Systems Consultant
    Now Micro - My Blog Posts
    <-- If this post was helpful, please click "Vote as Helpful".

    • Proposed as answer by Garth JonesMVP Friday, February 6, 2015 12:03 AM
    • Marked as answer by Garth JonesMVP Tuesday, October 27, 2015 5:07 PM
    Monday, March 18, 2013 5:23 PM