none
Exception: No data is available for encoding 819 RRS feed

• Question

• I'm receiving the follow error in the event log when enabling a receive location that uses the MQSC adapter...

Automaton 'QueueManager' Processing Failed. Description: State: Handshake, Event: ServerData - Exception: No data is available for encoding 819. For information on defining a custom encoding, see the documentation for the Encoding.RegisterProvider method..

I have BizTalk 2016 + CU1 and HIS 2016 installed on a Windows 10 machine.  For HIS I only installed the messaging and BizTalk integration components (although I've tried a full install as well).  The receive location is set to "Use Microsoft MQ Client".

The  MQSC adapter throws this error before even attempting to connect the MQ server. 

The exception stack trace is...

Application: BTSNTSvc64.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: System.NotSupportedException

at System.Text.Encoding.GetEncodingRare(Int32)

at System.Text.Encoding.GetEncoding(Int32)

at Microsoft.HostIntegration.Nls.HisForwardEncoding.Intialize(HostCodePages)

at Microsoft.HostIntegration.Nls.HisEncoding.CreateEncoding(HostCodePages)

at Microsoft.HostIntegration.Nls.HisEncoding.GetEncoding(Int32)

at Microsoft.HostIntegration.MqClient.Automatons.AutomatonQueueManager.ExtractInitialData(Microsoft.HostIntegration.Automaton.DynamicDataBuffer)

at Microsoft.HostIntegration.MqClient.Automatons.AutomatonQueueManagerStateHandshake.Process(Int32 ByRef)

Exception Info: System.InvalidProgramException

at Microsoft.HostIntegration.MqClient.Automatons.AutomatonQueueManagerStateHandshake.Process(Int32 ByRef)

at Microsoft.HostIntegration.Automaton.AutomatonDriverAsCode.ProcessEvent(Int32, Int32)

Exception Info: System.InvalidProgramException

at Microsoft.HostIntegration.Automaton.AutomatonDriverAsCode.ProcessEvent(Int32, Int32)

at Microsoft.HostIntegration.MqClient.Automatons.AutomatonQueueManager.ProcessMessageFromTcp(Microsoft.HostIntegration.Automaton.AsynchronousConnectionMessage)

at Microsoft.HostIntegration.Automaton.ConnectionLocation.ReceiveMessages()

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)

at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()

at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

I am dead in the water at this point.  Any help/suggestion would be appreciated.

Wednesday, May 17, 2017 10:45 PM

All replies

• Looks like you  are using a wrong encoding scheme.

In order to get ot the mainframe you need to specify what codepage you are using at the Windows siden and what codepage is being ued at the Mainfraem side. Usually the mainframe is working with an EBCDIC CCSID while Windows is using either Unicode or ANSI.

Codepage 819 refered here, basically is ISO 8859-1 ASCII.

I do not think that any of the two systems are working with ASCII.

Can you please check on this

Manfred Mittermüller
    -- MSFT --

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 9:23 AM
  • Hi,

Is it possible to set default ccsid whitout a pipeline component ot orchestration? When using the IBM MQ-client it can be achived using enviroment variable MQCCSID.

Regards,

DW

Thursday, July 6, 2017 1:40 PM
  • Hi, did you solve it?

DW

Thursday, July 6, 2017 9:33 PM
  • Hi.

Any updates on this issue? Did you find a solution?

I have the same exact issue using HIS 2016 with the new CU 2 (even the same encoding). Finding any info on how to solve this is not easy.

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 2:12 PM