Skype for Business iOS client problems RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

we are implementing iOS client for SfB (on iOS 10) in our company and we have some issues:

1) There is not autostart... why? I thought that if an iOS app is marked as VoIP it should be started automatically

2) Closing app - user can easily close SfB client in running apps...

This makes app unusable for company if I'm not able to make app running all the time.

Standard Skype client (not SfB) is better in all ways... so I think that everything is possible.

Do you have plan to make these changes? When?

Thank you

Michal

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 6:34 AM

All replies

• Hello Michal,

For your first question, No, end user need to click Skype for Business to start it, and it's not possible to auto-start once mobile phone power on.

For your second question, if you enable "Background App Refresh" and allow Notifications for Skype for Business settings (also it need starts), the IM works fine and popup with a notification for new message.

Best Regards,

Allen Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 16, 2017 8:36 AM
  • SfB is not an app that people use for their personal communications. It is for communications related to their work. No one wants an app from their organization to run on their phones 24x7. Users should have the freedom of when they want to be available for work and when not to.

My Blog : http://www.theskypeguy.com

Note: If you find a post informative, please mark it so using the arrow to the left. If it answers a question you have asked, please mark the thread as answered to aid others when they are looking for solutions to similar problems or queries.

Friday, February 17, 2017 12:40 AM
  • Hi Allen,

thank you for your reply.

To my second question - if you're using Skype app on iOS and you close it via "app manager" (apple button) .. it is still running on background. If you close Skype for Business similar way, it is killed and not running anymore.

If user close app correctly by quitting app, it's okey.. close it, but not by only "cleaning running apps".

That's the problem, which I see in Skype for Business client on iOS.

Michal

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 3:43 PM
  • Do you mean double-click the Home button to see app, then swipe up on the app's preview to close the app?

Yes, the Skype for Business will be complete closed, and don't receive messages. Thus, please keep it running.

Anyway, thanks for your useful suggestion and patience along the way.

Best Regards,

Allen Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 2:44 AM
  • Yes, exactly.

Thanks for taking my question/problem as useful suggestion. I will hope, that this behaviour will change soon.

Michal

Friday, March 31, 2017 10:33 AM