Sharepoint 3.0 workflow permissions RRS feed

• Question

• I have a SharePoint 3.0 site with workflows and we use SharePoint Designer 2007 for managing the workflows. I recently hired a new technician who will be working on the workflows but I cannot figure out where to give him permissions to see them in SharePoint Designer (SPD). As of right now, he can access the site in SPD but when he goes to open the existing workflows, they do not populate the "Open Workflow" window.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 1:55 PM

Answers

• Hello,

If you give contribute right to him/her at site level (including same right in list/library) then he/she should able to add/edit workflow in designer. Please tell us which right you have given.

Second thing is, Check workflow library permission in designer as suggested in below thread:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1301820/minimum-permission-required-to-publish-a-workflow-using-sharepoint-designer

Let us know your result

Hemendra: "Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see"

Whenever you see a reply and if you think is helpful, click "Alternate TextVote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the question of the thread, click "Alternate TextMark As Answer

Please feel free to unmark answer if does not resolves your problem.

Thursday, July 11, 2013 11:42 AM