Folderlist not updated in Windows Explorer RRS feed

• Question

• When I browse my computer and select folders in the right pane (so not in the folder list on the left) the folderlist in the left pane is not updated i.e. it is not expanded. Is this a setting I've not found yet?
    I recently had Version 7000; and now on 7100 (Release Candidate) it still happens.
    Tuesday, May 5, 2009 4:18 PM

Answers

• When I browse my computer and select folders in the right pane (so not in the folder list on the left) the folderlist in the left pane is not updated i.e. it is not expanded. Is this a setting I've not found yet?
    I recently had Version 7000; and now on 7100 (Release Candidate) it still happens.

Hi DutchJP

Are you double clicking the folder in the right pane to open that folder?

If you are, check the following setting.

Click Organize / Folder and Search Options.

On the General Tab, make sure that the Automatically expand to current folder option is selected.

Hope this helps.

Thank You for testing Windows 7 Beta

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    • Marked as answer by Tim Quan Tuesday, May 12, 2009 9:19 AM
    Tuesday, May 5, 2009 5:16 PM

I think I know what you mean here - and this behavior has been around since Vista as well.

As long as you're in the RC and NOT the Beta, you can do the following:

1.) Open Windows Explorer.
    2.) Press Alt and then select Tools | Folder Options
    3.) toward the middle of that dialog, there's a box called Navigation Pane. There are two check boxes
    4.) Check both and click OK.
    Wednesday, May 6, 2009 9:12 AM

All replies

Hi DutchJP

Are you double clicking the folder in the right pane to open that folder?

If you are, check the following setting.

Click Organize / Folder and Search Options.

On the General Tab, make sure that the Automatically expand to current folder option is selected.

Hope this helps.

Thank You for testing Windows 7 Beta

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Tuesday, May 5, 2009 5:16 PM

I think I know what you mean here - and this behavior has been around since Vista as well.

As long as you're in the RC and NOT the Beta, you can do the following:

1.) Open Windows Explorer.
    2.) Press Alt and then select Tools | Folder Options
    3.) toward the middle of that dialog, there's a box called Navigation Pane. There are two check boxes
    4.) Check both and click OK.
    Wednesday, May 6, 2009 9:12 AM