none
win PE x64: how to do a memory check? RRS feed

• Question

• Is there an automate-able way to do a memory check within WinPE x64?  All the tools I see out there are either 32-bit (and consequently won't run in WinPE).  I'm using WinPE from the Win7 OPK, amd64 architecture.
    Friday, July 1, 2011 12:01 AM

Answers

• Is there an automate-able way to do a memory check within WinPE x64?  All the tools I see out there are either 32-bit (and consequently won't run in WinPE).  I'm using WinPE from the Win7 OPK, amd64 architecture.

The only x64 native tool that I'm aware of would be Prime95 and then download the 64-bit client. While this is not per-se a memory diagnostic tool, when it's executed as a torture test you can use that mode to stress a system.

Other than that I don't know any solution for a native x64 app for WindowsPE.

Kind regards,

Stephan Schwarz.

If you one of these posts answered your question or issue, please click on "Mark as answer". If a post contained helpfull information, please be so kind to click on the "Vote as helpful" button :)
    Monday, July 4, 2011 11:13 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You can boot from a Windows 7 64bit installation disk and perform a memory check.

Tim Quan

Monday, July 4, 2011 6:43 AM

The only x64 native tool that I'm aware of would be Prime95 and then download the 64-bit client. While this is not per-se a memory diagnostic tool, when it's executed as a torture test you can use that mode to stress a system.

Other than that I don't know any solution for a native x64 app for WindowsPE.

Kind regards,

Stephan Schwarz.

If you one of these posts answered your question or issue, please click on "Mark as answer". If a post contained helpfull information, please be so kind to click on the "Vote as helpful" button :)
    Monday, July 4, 2011 11:13 PM
  • You can run mdsched.exe from the command prompt in WinPE either x64 or x86. This is standard Microsoft memory diagnostic tool.
    • Proposed as answer by R.Alikhani Monday, January 5, 2015 5:09 AM
    Friday, January 2, 2015 11:17 AM