Windows 7 home premium x64 stuck wont open RRS feed

• Question

• First, Good morning, afternoon or nigth.

Now meet my laptop: Samsung NP305E5A with: windows 7 home premium x64 bit, CPU AMD A6 3400M, RAM 4Gb, and AMD Radeon Hd6520G, which out of nowere doesn't want to turn on. It all started when my laptop froze while trying to open google chrome. After that I tried to reset my computer but after the brand screen it got stuck in the windows logo screen brefore the screen that let you choose the user. I tried removing the battery but the same thing happened. Then I tried to turn it on safe mode but it get stuck loading the file:classpnp.sys. I've also tried to reboot the laptop to factory state with the Samsung recovery tool but it also gets stuck in the loading screen. When I run the troubleshooter thing that apears in the begining when I turn the computer on and it tries to solve the problem that prevents windows from launching, it says that nothing is wrong and tries to load windows again, getting stuck at the logo screen again. I really need to get my laptop working again. I hpe you can help me out.

PS. I dont have the windows 7 CD because it came installed in the pc when I got it.

Monday, April 18, 2016 8:44 PM

Answers

• Hi NoeSb,

Based on your description, it seems that there is something wrong with your BCD.

We may try to use Bootrec.exe to repair it, please refer to the link:

Use Bootrec.exe in the Windows RE to troubleshoot startup issues:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/kb/927392

I noticed that you are getting stuck at classpnp.sys. Since classpnp.sys is a windows system files that is driver for SCGI devices. When this files gets corrupted, damaged or deleted then the system encounters problems and hangs at “Starting Windows” screen. There may be incorrect registry keys value that may cause this error. Apart from it missing dll files, sys files or other dependent system files may also be responsible for this error. For more information, please refer to the link:

Repair classpnp.sys boot error and start PC easily:

http://fixwindowserror.com/repair-classpnp-sys-boot-error-start-pc-easily.php

Please Note: Since the websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 1:16 AM

All replies

• when its stuck at recovery mode, I believe this is Hardware issue

I suggest you bring this laptop to service center and try to backup data

Mostly this is HDD issue

• Edited by britishdhez Tuesday, April 19, 2016 4:56 AM
    Tuesday, April 19, 2016 4:54 AM
  • Hi NoeSb,

Based on your description, it seems that there is something wrong with your BCD.

We may try to use Bootrec.exe to repair it, please refer to the link:

Use Bootrec.exe in the Windows RE to troubleshoot startup issues:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/kb/927392

I noticed that you are getting stuck at classpnp.sys. Since classpnp.sys is a windows system files that is driver for SCGI devices. When this files gets corrupted, damaged or deleted then the system encounters problems and hangs at “Starting Windows” screen. There may be incorrect registry keys value that may cause this error. Apart from it missing dll files, sys files or other dependent system files may also be responsible for this error. For more information, please refer to the link:

Repair classpnp.sys boot error and start PC easily:

http://fixwindowserror.com/repair-classpnp-sys-boot-error-start-pc-easily.php

Please Note: Since the websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 1:16 AM