Outlook 2010 and 365 not responding when email contains specific PDFs RRS feed

• Question

• We're experiencing an issue where Outlook 2010 and 365 will stop responding after clicking on, dragging and dropping, double clicking on or saving the attachment via Save Attachments.

The file that causes the issue is located under "%localappdata%\Temporary Internet Files\Content.Outlook" and once the issue has occurred, we're unable to delete the file, even once Outlook and Adobe Reader DC is closed.  Restarting the PC seems to be the only thing that unlocks the file.

Everything's patched and up to date... not sure what's causing this, but having Googled it, we seem to be the only onces.

Using VIPRE Endpoint Security 10.1.7342 and 11.0.7628 (in the middle of transitioning users to the newer version, but one user already reported that the issue is still present on the new version).

Anyone else, or just us?

Matty Brown.

Monday, June 17, 2019 7:33 AM

All replies

• All of the files that I've seen causing this issue so far have been created with something called "ReportBuilder", according to the file properties. Unfortunately, it looks like a number of our customers use the same application to create their Quotes and Purchase Order.

Monday, June 17, 2019 9:26 AM
  • Hi Matty,

According to your description, there may be a conflict between Outlook and ReportBuilder.

Is the type of these files .rdl?

Please have a look at the Event Viewer when the crash occurs and see if even logs can be found there.

In addition, it is also suggested to upgrade the ReportBuilder and see if there is any difference.

Any update, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 9:53 AM
  • Hi Matty,

Have you got your issue fixed?

Please try my suggestions above and let me know the results.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, June 20, 2019 9:30 AM
  • Hi,

It has been a while, I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer?

If you need further assistance, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Tuesday, July 2, 2019 7:27 AM