Delays on Package deployment RRS feed

• Question

• We have an Application package which was created and deployed last January 2018. The deployment was not completed and only reach 58% . Come January 2019, the KB inside the package was installed last January 2019 and based on the logs, it was cause by this package from last January 2018. Obviously a delay with one year apart from this package deployment. Any idea what causes the issue?
    Thursday, February 28, 2019 12:34 PM

All replies

• did you start the update DP function ? or simlar ?

any Kind of Info inside the SCCM Status Message ?

is the package is on the Content Lib (DP)

did you check the Client Logs and Policy?, what is the Setting for the deployment?

any Kind of limitations like "not use after.." 

Klaus

Thursday, February 28, 2019 12:37 PM
  • deployment package which was ... deployed

Deployment packages aren't deployed. Update groups are deployed -- the two are separate and unrelated objects.

Based on your description, my guess is that someone added the update to an existing update group that was already deployed. You need to review which update groups the update is in and discover why it was added to one that has a deployment with a deadline in the past.

Jason | https://home.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

Thursday, February 28, 2019 3:13 PM
  • did you start the update DP function ? or simlar ?

any Kind of Info inside the SCCM Status Message ?

is the package is on the Content Lib (DP)

did you check the Client Logs and Policy?, what is the Setting for the deployment?

any Kind of limitations like "not use after.." 

Klaus

Hi Klaus,

Thank you for your response. Yes, the content is on the source library. Based on the logs, it was triggered by that Application package which was deployed way back January 2018. I have checked in the server that the package was last run was on January 2018.  I'm a newbie here, would like to know where to check which or what triggers the application package? So i can isolate the rootcause, whether it was manually ran by someone and deleted the entry or if there was a hiccup on the deployment. By the way i noticed that there was no expiration dates on the package deployment, does it means it is still running?

Regards,

Jovan

Friday, March 1, 2019 8:15 AM
  • deployment package which was ... deployed

Deployment packages aren't deployed. Update groups are deployed -- the two are separate and unrelated objects.

Based on your description, my guess is that someone added the update to an existing update group that was already deployed. You need to review which update groups the update is in and discover why it was added to one that has a deployment with a deadline in the past.

Hi Jason,

Thank you for correcting me. 
    Please help to enlighten me, based on my checks in the SCCM server, the application package based on the last deployed date was January of 2018. However, on the client side based on the logs it was triggered by that package on January 2019. Is there a scenario of choke point or hiccup since the package has no expiration date and keeps on deploying in the distribution list?

Regards,

Jovan
    Friday, March 1, 2019 8:16 AM
  • ok that is the first time that I heard that the deployment has a delay from amost 1 year. 

please can you share the logs and the deployment Settings - Maybe we will find together the reason for this "ghost deployment" 

Klaus

Friday, March 1, 2019 11:41 AM
  • the application package

Sorry, now you're really confusing things here. Is this an application or are these updates?

based on the logs

This doesn't help, please actually share the complete portion of the log file showing whatever you are trying to describe.

it was triggered by that package

Nothing is triggered by packages. Deployments and only deployments trigger activity.

I'm sure some of this is getting lost in translation so posting screenshots (on a file or picturer sharing service) and linking to them here may go a long way in helping us to understand what you are describing.

Friday, March 1, 2019 2:55 PM