Network adaptor needs disabling and enabling everytime I turn on PC. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, hope someone can help me. I've recently bought a PC running Vista, and everything is going great. Except that everytime I turn it on, I have to disable and the enable the network adaptor, as it says it cannot start everytime. I have updated the drivers to the most recent version from intel. I only seem to get this problem when I turn it off at the plug, if I shut down, but leave the plug still turned on, its fine, but if I don't I have to go through the same process again and again. Does anyone else get this problem, or can shed some light on it? Would be much appreciated! Thank you!
    Monday, June 21, 2010 1:10 PM

All replies

• Try removing static electricity by turning the computer off and remove the mains lead (also remove the battery if it’s a laptop). Press and hold the on/off button on the computer for ten seconds. Leave the computer turned off for five minutes.

If you have a USB adapter, discharge the static from the USB ports by touching them whilst touching something metallic. Also, whilst the power is off, clean the USB ports and the individual device connectors using a lint-free cloth.

Plug in the lead (and laptop battery) and start the computer as normal. You may have to reset the system date/time on a laptop.

Monday, June 21, 2010 6:04 PM