Please consider the following scenario:

Task A (Resource X [50%]) - 4 days

Task B (Resource X [100%]) - 1 days

Task C (Resource X [100%]) - 1 days

When I try to automatic Level the resources it becomes like this:

Task A - Day 1 to 4

Task B - Day 5

Task C - Day 6

However, since the "Resource X" is only at 50% on "Task A" I would like to fill the rest of his working day with the remaining tasks assigned to him, like this:

Task A - Day 1 to 4

Task B - Day 1 and 2

Task C - Day 3 and 4

I'm using "Fixed Units" and "Effort driven", but it doesn't seem to work.

Thanks in advanced.

Best regards,

Luis

Thursday, January 21, 2016 11:56 PM

Answers

• Please supply missing information. I made some assumptions and reproduced your setup

A, B, C are all auto-scheduled, yes?

Are A, B, and C linked to each other as predecessors/successors, or are they all scheduled to start asap on the same date/time?

When you level, you must check the leveling options dialog because there are options in there in the checkboxes etc, which can be used alone or in combination. You should not use them if you do not know what they do.
    Do you have a screenshot of the leveling options.
    Try turning off all of the options and running the leveling raw.

Task type (fixed units, duration and work) and effort driven off/on have nothing to do with resource leveling.

When MSP levels resources, it delays tasks to remove resource over-allocation.
    It produces a solution, although many other solutions may exist.
    It does not optimise resource assignments, and will not make the resource assignment change that you are after. The reason is that it is impossible for the software to know what you want to do.

However, if you change the duration of B and C to 2 days, and change the assignment units of X to 50% on both of these tasks, and then level with options leveling can adjust .. etc and leveling can create splits.. etc, you get what you want.

Friday, January 22, 2016 3:00 AM