x64 Client Support RRS feed

• Question

• Are Windows Vista x64 and Window 7 x64 supported in UAG 2010?  I have published RDP in UAG 2010 Beta 2 but my x64 clients cannot use the RDP links.  Is there a way to make those work?  They just come up with an error that its's not supported.  It would appear that x64 clients are at a disadvantage.

Given that IAG and UAG are enterprise-level products, we should be able to support x64 clients fully!!!  If you go to a computer store now, almost all of the laptops they are selling are x64.  It's hard to even find an x86 client anymore.

Also, what is the plan for x64 support with IAG 2007 SP2?

Tuesday, November 10, 2009 5:31 PM

Answers

• Hi Amigo. In the current beta release of UAG only Windows 7 x86 is supported. As far as I know, in the RTM both versions will be supported

Regards
    // Raúl - I love this game
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Wednesday, November 11, 2009 6:41 PM
    Wednesday, November 11, 2009 5:49 PM

All replies

• Hi,

It's supported with RDS (Remote Desktop Services) with Remote APP (not legacy TS)
    it's allready works with SSO for Windows 7, and you must update RDP to the version 7.0 to prior version (XP SP3 and Vista SP1 Only) : http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/969084

Have a good day,
    Alex
    GIRAUD Alexandre - MVP Forefront France - http://www.alexgiraud.net/blog
    Wednesday, November 11, 2009 1:07 AM
  • Hi Amigo. In the current beta release of UAG only Windows 7 x86 is supported. As far as I know, in the RTM both versions will be supported

Regards
    // Raúl - I love this game
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Wednesday, November 11, 2009 6:41 PM
    Wednesday, November 11, 2009 5:49 PM
  • I have UAG RTM in production and they still dont have x64 clients.

Bernardo Diederichsen
    KNYD
    Sunday, January 10, 2010 1:23 AM
  • Hi Bernardo,

What do you mean when you say you "still do not have x64 clients"?

Thanks,
    -Ran
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 9:15 AM
  • Hi Bernardo,

What do you mean when you say you "still do not have x64 clients"?

Thanks,
    -Ran

I would say he means he now has the RTM version, but there is still no support for x64 clients...the post "marked as answer" gave the impression that x64 client support would be included with the RTM version of UAG...
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 4:08 PM
  • Thanks kfyrh for the explanation,

However, since UAG does support x64 clients, I was interested in hearing from Bernardo himself which functionality exactly is he missing.

Thursday, January 14, 2010 6:07 PM
  • I now have the RTM code running and the SSTP VPN does not work with Windows 7 x64 clients... Thoughts anyone?  Is there a tweak I am missing?  I've tried unsuccessfully to use both the native x64 IE8 on Windows 7 and also the 32-bit version of IE8 on Windows 7 x64.

Where is the official Microsoft documentation stating non-support or support for x64?

Thanks in advance!
    Thursday, January 28, 2010 4:11 AM
  • Here is the TechNet article you are looking for:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd920232.aspx

SSTP is definitely working through UAG from Win7 x64 client machines. Make sure you're using the 32-bit version of IE and that you allow the installation of UAG client components at the start of the UAG session.

-Ran
    Thursday, January 28, 2010 8:23 AM
  • Ran: If you read the 64-bit section of the Technet article a little more in detail you will find the following, troubling, note:

In addition, some components are supported only on selected operating systems:

• Windows Vista: SSL Network Tunneling (Network Connector)
    • Windows 7: Direct Access
    Sunday, January 31, 2010 7:51 PM
  • I can get the following to work:

Client: UAG Application Type:
    Windows XP (SP3) Client x86 TS Client Tunneling (Window Vista\Window XP)
    Windows Vista Client x86 TS Client Tunneling (Window Vista\Window XP)
    Windows 7 x86 Remote Desktop (User Defined)
    Windows 7 x64 Remote Desktop (User Defined)

but I get the following errors on XP and Vista x64. 

Client: TS Client Tunneling Error Remote Desktop Error
    Windows XP x64 Not supported on 64bit Operating Systems Connection Error
    Windows Vista x64 Not supported on 64bit Operating Systems Connection Error

Based on what I have read, UAG\RD does not work with XP\Vista at this time, but I expected TS Tunneling to work.  Which application type should I use for XP\Vista x64?
    Wednesday, February 24, 2010 7:51 PM