Provisioning user mailbox Exchange 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody,

My client uses FIM 2010 R2 to provision users in AD.  They also have Exchange 2007. They need to set a mailnickname with a diferent value than the email address. It is possible? We did a test by adding a attribute flow in AD Outbound Rule to set a email parameter, however, when the Export runs, the email was build using mailnickname.

Thanks in advance for your help

Thursday, May 16, 2013 8:45 PM

Answers

• Hi everybody,

I proceeded to set msExchPoliciesExcluded to {26491CFC-9E50-4857-861B-0CB8DF22B5D7} to disable "Automatically update e-mail addresses based on recipient policy". Also, when I project the employee from RH, I calculate the primary SMTP into proxyAddressesCollection metaverse attribute, then, this attribute flows directly into proxyAddresses AD attribute in the outbound attribute flow. That works fine for me.

Thanks everybody for your help!!

• Marked as answer by Tannia Gooden Wednesday, May 22, 2013 5:28 PM
    Wednesday, May 22, 2013 5:27 PM

All replies

• Tannia,

Do you know if you have the Recipient Update Service is enabled in your Exchange environment.  RUS that is responsible for updating address lists and email addresses in your Active Directory and will re-calculate and overwrite the email address being sent by FIM.  If it is enabled, you will want to do some additional discovery about the resulting impact of turing this service off.

Thursday, May 16, 2013 9:42 PM
  • You can look into the proxyAddress attribute.

It holds all the emails addresses assigned to a user.

The primary email address will always have the string SMTP in upper case. All the secondary email addresses will have smtp in lower case.

eaxmple:

SMTP: someaddress@somedomain.com
    smtp: someotheraddress@somedomain.com
    smtp: someotheraddress2@somedomain.com

Regards Furqan Asghar

Friday, May 17, 2013 9:12 PM
  • mailnickname is possible - I set mine to samaccount

You don't actually need to specify an email address to provision an Exchange user (at least you don't in Exchange 2010)

As Furqan mentions, it's the proxyAddresses which defines the primary SMTP - however you'll need some code to handle that (declarative provisioning isn't able to update a multi valued attribute)

IT Support/Everything

Saturday, May 18, 2013 11:36 PM
  • Hi everybody,

I proceeded to set msExchPoliciesExcluded to {26491CFC-9E50-4857-861B-0CB8DF22B5D7} to disable "Automatically update e-mail addresses based on recipient policy". Also, when I project the employee from RH, I calculate the primary SMTP into proxyAddressesCollection metaverse attribute, then, this attribute flows directly into proxyAddresses AD attribute in the outbound attribute flow. That works fine for me.

Thanks everybody for your help!!

• Marked as answer by Tannia Gooden Wednesday, May 22, 2013 5:28 PM
    Wednesday, May 22, 2013 5:27 PM