none
Transfer Windows 10 Host to VM (Same Hardware)

Question

• Is there a way I may

• Adjust BIOS,
    • Format my Toshiba C55
    • Install Fedora as the new host OS
    • Get Virtual Box
    • ...How do I reinstall Windows 10 in the vm on the same physical computer with the same license?
    Sunday, February 14, 2016 10:57 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Nope, if it's only a retailed or OEM product key. It can only use to activate one computer at the same time.

You may need a new key except your current product key is MAK.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 7:52 AM
    Owner

All replies

• Hi EMET,

Welcome to technical forum.

You could use the license of Windows 10 in host active Windows 10 on VM. You should remember the license key after you install Windows 10 on VM.

Best Regard,

Jim Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 8:51 AM
  • Hi,

Nope, if it's only a retailed or OEM product key. It can only use to activate one computer at the same time.

You may need a new key except your current product key is MAK.

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 7:52 AM
    Owner