locked
New Deployment - Webservice returns an error RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello All,

    I've just setup a new orchestrator 2012 R2 server.

    When trying to connect to the webservice, I get the following error:

    The server encountered an error processing the request. The exception message is 'An error occurred while executing the command definition. See the inner exception for details.'. See server logs for more details. The exception stack trace is:

       at System.Data.EntityClient.EntityCommandDefinition.ExecuteStoreCommands(EntityCommand entityCommand, CommandBehavior behavior)   at System.Data.EntityClient.EntityCommandDefinition.Execute(EntityCommand entityCommand, CommandBehavior behavior)   at System.Data.EntityClient.EntityCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)   at System.Data.EntityClient.EntityCommand.ExecuteScalar[T_Result](Func`2 resultSelector)   at System.Data.Objects.ObjectContext.ExecuteFunction(String functionName, ObjectParameter[] parameters)   at Microsoft.SystemCenter.Orchestrator.WebService.OrchestratorContext.OnContextCreated()   at invoke_constructor()   at System.Data.Services.DataService`1.CreateProvider()   at System.Data.Services.DataService`1.HandleRequest()   at System.Data.Services.DataService`1.ProcessRequestForMessage(Stream messageBody)   at SyncInvokeProcessRequestForMessage(Object , Object[] , Object[] )   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]& outputs)   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc& rpc)   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc& rpc)   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage31(MessageRpc& rpc)   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)

    I don't get where this is comming from..

    The management service and runbook service run under a different account.

    Both accounts are local admin on the server and have admin rights within the runbook designer.

    Can someone help me with some guidance as to how to troubleshoot this issue?

    Thanks!

    Filip

    Tuesday, March 3, 2015 11:11 AM

All replies

  • Hi Filip,

    which is the identity of the Application Pool "System Center 2012 Orchestrator Web Features’ in IIS?

    It should be the same as the account running "Orchestrator Management Service".

    Regards,

    Stefan


    www.sc-orchestrator.eu , Blog sc-orchestrator.eu

    Tuesday, March 3, 2015 11:42 AM
  • Hello Stefan,

    The account that the application pool is running under is the same as the one that is running the Management Service.

    I've enabled failed request tracing and browsed to the service again.
    The following warning is shown:

    -MODULE_SET_RESPONSE_ERROR_STATUS
    ModuleName IsapiModule
    Notification EXECUTE_REQUEST_HANDLER
    HttpStatus 500
    HttpReason Internal Server Error
    HttpSubStatus 0
    ErrorCode The operation completed successfully.
    (0x0)
    ConfigExceptionInfo

    Tuesday, March 3, 2015 12:09 PM
  • Hello Filip,

    has this account in in the Orchestrator database in Security the  Membership Microsoft.SystemCenter.Orchestrator.Operators ?

    Also I would check if Web service pointing to right Database: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh473578.aspx

    Regards,

    Stefan


    www.sc-orchestrator.eu , Blog sc-orchestrator.eu


    Tuesday, March 3, 2015 2:32 PM
  • Hello there,

    this thread is already five month old and this probably won't help you any more, Filip.
    But nevertheless, perhaps others might be interested...

    I had the same problem in my environment after migrating from System Center 2012 SP1 Orchestrator to System Center 2012 R2 Orchestrator.

    I checked the permissions of the Microsoft.SystemCenter.Orchestrator.Operators role according to "Orchestration Database Security" (https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh912315.aspx).
    In my case the Operators-role lacked the permission "Execute" on the stored procedure "GetSecurityRoken".
    I (re-)granted this permission to the role and everything works fine again.


    Btw: The description in https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh912315.aspx seems not to be completely accurate (e.g. the Microsoft.SystemCenter.Orchestrator.Runtime role does NOT have the "Select" permission on all tables).
    So I would not advice to change all the permissions according to this documentation.

    Regards,
    PIfM

    Edit:
    By now I found out it's a known error:
    The Orchestration Console cannot be opened after upgrading to System Center 2012 R2 (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2919041)
    • Edited by PIfM Monday, August 3, 2015 9:29 AM new information
    Monday, August 3, 2015 9:12 AM
  • This article is 4.5 years old, The solution in the below link worked for me on this issue:

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/2919041/the-orchestration-console-cannot-be-opened-after-upgrading-to-system-c


    Gautam.75801

    Wednesday, January 29, 2020 7:08 PM