MOSS 2007 asks for credentials continously RRS feed

• Question

• it asks for my user name and password everytime i click on an item i.e. i search for a name and before it shows the results i have to enter my username and password up to 6 times. then it shows the list of names and when i click on one name it asks for my username and password another 4/5 times and then gives and error message "You are not authorized to view this page"

Can you please suggest any solution for this ?

Arun Sahu - Please mark as helpful if my reply helped you and answer if it helped resolving your issue.
    • Moved by Chakkaradeep Chandran Thursday, December 22, 2011 8:31 AM (From:SharePoint 2010 - General Questions and Answers)
    Thursday, December 22, 2011 6:30 AM

Answers

• Are there any search results coming from a different web app / server. While displaying the search result is it trying to load some images from different URL? If yes, you may not have access to those web apps / server / images and thats why it could be asking for ur username password.

Try using Fiddler to see what all HTTP requests are going out from your browser and what response you are getting for those requests. That will help you identify the problem.

Thanks & Regards, - Vivek Athalye
    Thursday, December 22, 2011 8:16 AM
  • Hi Arun,

You need to make sure that you have access permission on search results, and add these sites in Trust sits and set as current user can login automatically in IE browser, then check the result again.

Thanks

Daniel Yang

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 9:51 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You dont have access to search in SharePoint. Please check the permission level for your access and try again.

My Blog
    Twitter @jaggavivek
    Thursday, December 22, 2011 6:35 AM
  • I have permission in sharepoint. I get the search results also. But after continues login :(
    Arun Sahu - Please mark as helpful if my reply helped you and answer if it helped resolving your issue.
    Thursday, December 22, 2011 7:07 AM
  • Are there any search results coming from a different web app / server. While displaying the search result is it trying to load some images from different URL? If yes, you may not have access to those web apps / server / images and thats why it could be asking for ur username password.

Try using Fiddler to see what all HTTP requests are going out from your browser and what response you are getting for those requests. That will help you identify the problem.

Thanks & Regards, - Vivek Athalye
    Thursday, December 22, 2011 8:16 AM
  • Hi Arun,

You need to make sure that you have access permission on search results, and add these sites in Trust sits and set as current user can login automatically in IE browser, then check the result again.

Thanks

Daniel Yang

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 9:51 AM