Start date change after 10 seconds (roughly) after you set it to today RRS feed

• Question

• When setting start date -for flagged emails- to today; it works for 10 seconds then it come back to the old start date (it seems there is a job or something that is doing this); please see the animation on my onedrive:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AidNfyufn6iQlP8ZzFUyGAYju-uzJg 

Sunday, March 10, 2019 9:04 PM

Answers

• this issue has been resolved, not sure what is the exact version of the resolution but this version has the solution for sure 16.0.13127.20020
    Sunday, August 9, 2020 11:06 AM

All replies

• Hi Jamil,

I watched your animation and tried to test in my Outlook for Office 365 (Version 1808 and Version 1903), but cannot reproduce the issue. 

Have you made any changes to your Office before the issue occurred? 
    What about changing the start date for one flagged email at a time and seeing if the problem persists?

Besides, to help narrow down the issue, it is suggested to try running Outlook in safe mode (Press Win+R, type "outlook /safe", press Enter.) and check the result.

Any update, please feel free to post back. 

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, March 11, 2019 6:25 AM
  • Check on Surface (if the situation is related to surface then it is a office 365)

My reply:

I we have the same version (here is mine Jan-2019)

I cannot remember I have done anything, the only interesting thing I can see is that I have received an update yesterday (the day when I recognize the issue)

Regarding doing this change for one email or multiple emails; it is the same behavior; the issue still persist

Safe mode: I tried to run it on safe mode and the issue still happen (so it is not related to any add-in, I would remember if it is related actually)

I am more biased to reason this issue to the update happened yesterday, can you please check if this is a known issue by any chance?

Monday, March 11, 2019 4:08 PM
  • Hi Jamil,

Thanks for sharing the detailed version. I am running the same version as yours but cannot reproduce this issue. Does it only affect flagged emails? What about other tasks?

As regards to your concern about the recent update, do you mind trying to test by reverting back to an earlier version of Office 365 and see the result? 

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, March 12, 2019 2:22 PM
  • it only affects emails; tasks are ok; the problem is that I cannot revert to previous office version as per my company's policy.
    Tuesday, March 12, 2019 3:04 PM
  • it only affects emails; tasks are ok; the problem is that I cannot revert to previous office version as per my company's policy.

Hi Jamil,

I finally managed to reproduce this issue in Version 1903, Build 11425.20056. It took around 20 seconds for the start time to be reset back. Really sorry for not waiting longer when testing in my side. 

I tried to do much research on this but currently cannot find any documentation stating if this is a known issue in this build. I have tried to submit this feedback in my Outlook via Help >  Feedback. You may also post a thread in the Office Insider community or on Twitter as suggested in this official article

Besides, I noticed that the start date will be changed to Today after setting it to "Tomorrow" by right clicking > Follow up > Tomorrow. So I am assuming that we can temporarily use this as a workaround.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Thursday, March 14, 2019 10:45 AM
  • I think you are right! strangely; it decrement 1 day from the set start date; so for example if you set the start date to 20-Apr; after some time it will become 19-Apr and so on. 

this is a good temp solution, but of course this should be solved (my version is 1904 and it is still not solved)

Friday, March 15, 2019 3:09 PM
  • Hi Jamil,

Thanks for sharing your findings. Given this situation, you may also submitting a feedback in Outlook user interface.

By the way, if it is possible, you may consider changing the update channel for your Office 365 suite as a workaround:

Change the update channel after you enable Office 365 clients to receive updates from Configuration Manager

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Tuesday, March 19, 2019 5:55 AM
  • Already did that but nothing has been solved
    Tuesday, March 19, 2019 6:04 AM
  • Hello Jamil,

I tested further and am assuming that the problem might be related to Microsoft To-Do.

Could you please have a check in OWA and see if the tasks are stored in https://to-do.office.com/?fromOwa=true? Try setting the start time there and check if the change can remain in Outlook.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Tuesday, March 26, 2019 9:49 AM
  • I think this is very logical, I have installed Todo on my PC last month; so i think that might be a good reason.

also the behavior (date change aftere 10-20 seconds) shows that this might be related to a server synch operation.

however; I have uninstalled the To-Do app from my PC; but the issue is still there :-( 

Tuesday, March 26, 2019 6:30 PM
  • Hello Jamil,

Agree with you that the issue might have something to do with the server sync operation. However, I haven't installed To-Do app on my machine, so it seems that the problem is not necessarily related to the To-Do "application", but may be more relevant to that the flagged messages are synced to To-Do in OWA. 

Update: I have tried to confirm this using our internal resources and was told that this is a known issue  and currently being investigated by the To-Do team. For now, we may change the start date in OWA as a workaround. Thank you again for your feedback. Will keep you posted if I can get further information on this.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Wednesday, March 27, 2019 1:59 AM
  • and to give more clarity, i think this started happening when the Flagged Email feature get introduced to MS ToDo
    Wednesday, March 27, 2019 11:29 AM
  • and to give more clarity, i think this started happening when the Flagged Email feature get introduced to MS ToDo

Hi Jamil,

I suspected the same.

According to this thread in UserVoice for To-Do, flagged emails feature for To-Do was just rolled out to work and school accounts this month. Then I tried testing using my personal outlook.com account and it worked fine.

I have left a comment for this issue under the UserVoice thread. And as the issue is now under investigation by the To-Do team, hopefully we can get this fixed in the neat future.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Friday, March 29, 2019 9:10 AM
  • I have the same problem.

Very frustrating indeed.

(But at least now I kow I should as a wor-around just add one day to the actualy target I want).

To-Do sounds like such a good idea but the execution seems to have been really dud....

Thursday, May 2, 2019 2:38 AM
  • Yes the rule is: set the email to (desired follow up day+1) and the system will subtract 1 after 10-20 seconds am used it it now :-)
    Thursday, May 2, 2019 3:09 AM
  • do we have any updates on this? it has been quite long time & the issue is really annoying 
    Sunday, May 19, 2019 10:56 AM
  • this issue has been resolved, not sure what is the exact version of the resolution but this version has the solution for sure 16.0.13127.20020
    Sunday, August 9, 2020 11:06 AM