none
discovery and collector issues RRS feed

• Question

• Ive been looking around the forums and wiki, but I still cant seem to find anything for troubleshooting or useful logs. The process was fairly quick when doing the data collection, now it seems to be stuck on the last 6 collections. the total machines discovered is 21K from AD and 21k from SCCM. Im trying to get a SQL license inventory together, however, its been running for about 4 hours or so. Any ideas on where I can see whats going on?

Patrick Clark

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 4:41 PM

All replies

• Choosing more than one discovery method at a time usually just duplicates effort and makes the scan take twice as long since MAP doesn't know they are duplicate machines until after it has inventoried them. Also, MAP doesn't get inventory information from SCCM, just the list of machines that it manages as a way to "discover" what is in the environment. 4 hours for 42K machines is pretty fast, so I'm going to guess that most of them are failed connections.

Check out our survival guide on the TechNet Wiki for guidance on preparing your environment: http://aka.ms/MAPWiki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. Please VOTE as HELPFUL if the post helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, May 16, 2014 12:53 AM