none
Enterprise mode not working for 1 user profile RRS feed

• Question

• Hello - I have a user that is trying to select Enterprise mode but it never enables Enterprise mode and the check never shows up next to Enterprise mode. If I logon with a different user it works fine so it looks to be the users profile.  Before I recreate the user profile I was hoping somebody else as come across a better solution.

Thank you

Wednesday, September 2, 2015 7:27 PM

Answers

• Hi Jim101a,

Thank you for your question.

We could login on the specific user to another PC to check if the issue persist. If the issue just occur on this PC, we could refer to the following link to do a clean boot by the following link to check if the issue persist:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135 

If there are any questions regarding this issue, please be free to let me know.

Best Regard,

Jim

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by jim-xu Friday, September 11, 2015 5:05 AM
    • Marked as answer by Michael_LSModerator Wednesday, September 16, 2015 2:58 AM
    Friday, September 4, 2015 9:03 AM

All replies

• Hi, yes, it is most likely the users Profile.

Regards.

Rob^_^

Wednesday, September 2, 2015 11:46 PM
  • Ok so I tried to recreate the users profile but no luck...very strange as the other profile that was created is working without any problems..
    Thursday, September 3, 2015 12:31 AM
  • Hi Jim101a,

Thank you for your question.

We could login on the specific user to another PC to check if the issue persist. If the issue just occur on this PC, we could refer to the following link to do a clean boot by the following link to check if the issue persist:

Best Regard,

Jim

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jim Xu

• Proposed as answer by jim-xu Friday, September 11, 2015 5:05 AM
    • Marked as answer by Michael_LSModerator Wednesday, September 16, 2015 2:58 AM
    Friday, September 4, 2015 9:03 AM
  • I have opened a PSS case with Microsoft and it seems the issue is with the users profile. It was discovered that within the IE settings under the Browser History>Temporary Internet files the "Current Location" is blank.  We tried a number of things to resolve this issue but have not had any success.  Going to try and recreate the users profile to see if that fixes the issue.

Friday, September 11, 2015 1:25 PM
  • Hi Jim,

Did the issue solve after rebuild Windows profile?

We could login this user to the other PC to check if the issue persist.

Best Regard,

Jim

Jim Xu

Saturday, September 12, 2015 6:43 AM
  • We don't use roaming profiles so logging into another machine works.

I did have a problem with re-creating the profile on this machine and here are the steps I had to follow for this one user.

1) Rollback to IE 8

2) Upgrade to IE 11 with a different user

3) Logon with the impacted user and the profile was created "Successfully"

When I say successfully I mean it created the normal C:\Users\<UserID> directory and then created C:\users\<UserID.DomainName> and from a procmon trace it looks like Searchprotocol.exe is responsible for creating the C:\users\<userID> directory.  The case is still open with Microsoft.

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 11:00 AM
  • Hi Jim101a,

By your state, we know the issue occur on the specific user on the specific user, so we suggest you do a clean boot on the specific PC by the following link:

If not, we could run “SFC /ScanNow” on this specific PC or do a system repair to check if the issue persist.

Best Regard,

Jim

Jim Xu

Wednesday, September 23, 2015 2:08 AM
  • When I say successfully I mean it created the normal C:\Users\<UserID> directory and then created C:\users\<UserID.DomainName> and from a procmon trace it looks like Searchprotocol.exe is responsible for creating the C:\users\<userID> directory. 

But it's the TIF that needs to be created.  Normally that can get done automatically whenever it is needed.  What is preventing that from happening?  Similarly, the TIF can be moved to a location outside the user's Profile.  Perhaps your example is being misinterpreted as an extreme case of that, in which case creating a new profile for the user might not have any effect on the location of the TIF--especially if the corruption started in the earlier version of IE--IE tries very hard to preserve user settings in that case.

In a way your example sounds like 

1. User moves TIF to C:\Blort (or moves TIF to a different drive)
    2. User deletes C:\Blort (or detaches the different drive)
    3. What happens?  FWIW I would have guessed that IE recreates default shell:cache for %UserProfile%

I may try testing that scenario myself (on a VM).  TBD.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Wednesday, September 23, 2015 8:00 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi there.

Please go to Internet Option > Security Tab > (on the zone your site is) And uncheck the Enable Protected mode.

Tell me if this works.

Thank You

Tuesday, December 15, 2015 5:53 PM
  • We ended up reimaging the pc
    Friday, December 18, 2015 8:15 PM
  • I have the same issue and it works after disabled Protected Mode. Is it possible to make it work also in Protected Mode? As other user profile and PC do not have this problem.
    Monday, April 10, 2017 4:33 AM