Missing events after Exchange Update (2007 SP3, CU6) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

After updating Exchange 2007 SP3 to CU6, a very unusual error has occurred. We have a few users that are experiencing problems with recurring events, whereby prior to the update changes were made to individual instances, and were received by all - however post update, it's as if all changes have been erased. Dates, attendees, anything that was altered on individual instances has been lost.

Any advice? 

Wednesday, August 8, 2012 4:40 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Does this issue occur to all the users and all the reoccurring meetings?

Try to check whether they still can see the meetings via OWA.

If OWA works, I suggest we run “Outlook /cleanfreebusy” on the problematic clients.

If OWA still cannot see the meetings, it seems the free/busy entries are lost on the mailbox. You may have to recreate them.

Thanks,

Simon

Thursday, August 9, 2012 3:59 AM
  • Hi,

I am afraid the old crashed calendar cannot be repaired. Please refer to the following best practices when handling calendaring in Outlook:

829217  Considerations when you use the Delegate Access feature in Microsoft Outlook

281524  The delegate copy of a meeting request is sent to the Deleted Items folder

828493  A folder that contains a meeting request may be deleted after you accept the meeting request by using a remotely synchronizing mobile device

Thanks,

Simon

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 2:17 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Does this issue occur to all the users and all the reoccurring meetings?

Try to check whether they still can see the meetings via OWA.

If OWA works, I suggest we run “Outlook /cleanfreebusy” on the problematic clients.

If OWA still cannot see the meetings, it seems the free/busy entries are lost on the mailbox. You may have to recreate them.

Thanks,

Simon

Thursday, August 9, 2012 3:59 AM
  • Hi,

This problem so far seems to only be for one user, and the OWA has the same problem. This is a high usage user with hundreds of events scheduled over the year, is there no way to repair this?

Friday, August 10, 2012 4:49 AM
  • Hi,

I am afraid the old crashed calendar cannot be repaired. Please refer to the following best practices when handling calendaring in Outlook:

829217  Considerations when you use the Delegate Access feature in Microsoft Outlook

281524  The delegate copy of a meeting request is sent to the Deleted Items folder

828493  A folder that contains a meeting request may be deleted after you accept the meeting request by using a remotely synchronizing mobile device

Thanks,

Simon

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 2:17 AM