Windows 10 Build 9926 - No Hyper V? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am running Windows 10 build 9926, and was looking to create a virtual Ubuntu system, however cannot enable Hyper V /9or find it in the features section).

I am running a Lenovo Y50-4K with i7 64bit processor; Intel Virtualization is enabled in the bios.  

When I go to add windows features, Hyper V is missing from the list.

Is there a new way to enable in Win 10; or is it not existent?

Appreciate any help!

Thanks,

Dan.

Thursday, March 12, 2015 7:04 PM

Answers

• Hi Dan,

Please use the install Media to do a PC refresh or a Reset.

Or you may use the following command to fix your OS with the install.Wim (You could find this file in the Windows 10 ISO [mounted] Sources folder) file:

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:c:\test\mount\windows /LimitAccess

If you do not specify a /Source for the repair files, the default location for Features on Demand is used. For more information, see Configure a Windows Repair Source. If you specify more than one /Source, the files are copied from the first location where they are found and the rest of the locations are ignored. You can use /LimitAccess to prevent the DISM tool from using Windows Update as a repair source or as a backup repair source for online images.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 13, 2015 8:33 AM

All replies

• Dan

It is in the list added features if your hardware supports it.

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Thursday, March 12, 2015 7:12 PM
  • >   I am running a Lenovo Y50-4K with i7 64bit processor; Intel Virtualization is enabled in the bios.  

But have you installed 64-bit Windows?

Dave

Thursday, March 12, 2015 7:54 PM
  • Yes, 64-bit Windows as well.

Thursday, March 12, 2015 8:10 PM
  • Bizarre, I get the same feature list, but without the Hyper-V.
    Thursday, March 12, 2015 8:12 PM
  • Hi Dan,

Please use the install Media to do a PC refresh or a Reset.

Or you may use the following command to fix your OS with the install.Wim (You could find this file in the Windows 10 ISO [mounted] Sources folder) file:

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:c:\test\mount\windows /LimitAccess

If you do not specify a /Source for the repair files, the default location for Features on Demand is used. For more information, see Configure a Windows Repair Source. If you specify more than one /Source, the files are copied from the first location where they are found and the rest of the locations are ignored. You can use /LimitAccess to prevent the DISM tool from using Windows Update as a repair source or as a backup repair source for online images.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 13, 2015 8:33 AM