What do I need in order to redownload office? RRS feed

• Question

• I need to redownload office and I want to be absolutely certain that all I need is my product ID.  If it doesn't work I could have some very serious problems on my hands.
    Tuesday, November 18, 2014 4:00 PM

Answers

• If you have a productid that means that you have a legal version right? In that case be sure to have the phonenumber of Microsoft Support nearby. If you have a product key you have the right to support in case when something goes wrong. If you want to be absolutely sure then first call the support guys and tell them what you are up to. Maybe they can assist you.

Phonenumber? look at microsoft com and choose your region.

Maurice

• Marked as answer by kylefoley76 Tuesday, November 18, 2014 6:22 PM
    Tuesday, November 18, 2014 6:13 PM

All replies

• If you have a productid that means that you have a legal version right? In that case be sure to have the phonenumber of Microsoft Support nearby. If you have a product key you have the right to support in case when something goes wrong. If you want to be absolutely sure then first call the support guys and tell them what you are up to. Maybe they can assist you.

Phonenumber? look at microsoft com and choose your region.

Maurice

• Marked as answer by kylefoley76 Tuesday, November 18, 2014 6:22 PM
    Tuesday, November 18, 2014 6:13 PM
  • Hi,

Just for your reference - if you have a valid Office Product Key, then you can follow the instruction in this page to download or get a backup for your Office:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-au/products/download-back-up-restore-microsoft-office-products-FX103427465.aspx

Regards,

Ethan Hua
    TechNet Community Support

It's recommended to download and install Configuration Analyzer Tool (OffCAT), which is developed by Microsoft Support teams. Once the tool is installed, you can run it at any time to scan for hundreds of known issues in Office programs.

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 2:10 AM