none
Can you change the email on an account? RRS feed

• Question

• We have been using the Identity manager to synchronize our students to Office 365. Or problem is that many students were created with an incorrect email address. 

Unfortunately, many have also already created documents in OneDrive with the incorrect login.

Can we correct the login and save the documents at the same time? I guess my question has to do with what the application thinks is the identifying field. 

Any thoughts?

Wednesday, November 18, 2015 7:41 PM

All replies

• I think that if you would change user's login (UPN) without deleting/creating user, login at the document would change accordingly.

Just remember that if you want to change UPN from federated domain to other domain (doesn't matter if it's federated) (it includes also login change when staying in the same domain), you have to change it to "onmicrosoft.com" first and then to new domain.

What tool do you use to synchronize identities to cloud? If it's DirSync/AADConnect - just change UPNs or mails in your local domain - everything (except UPN in cloud which you have to change manually or with PowerShell MA) would be changed.

If you found my post helpful, please give it a Helpful vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an Answer.

Thursday, November 19, 2015 4:48 AM
  • Thanks for the input. I will run a couple of tests today. 
    Thursday, November 19, 2015 3:08 PM