Sharepoint content type error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I check to use a content type  template  in a librairy. 

I have already add the template in the New document button. 

When I select the document type I receive an error  from SharePoint with a correlation id. 

If I go in the log file of Sharepoint, I could find this ID and the trace of the transaction. 

I think than I have found the error message. 

System.IO.FileNoteFoundException...

To make this site collection, I have take a package then I have create from the original site collection. 

Since the creation all work great with the other content type, but this is the first time than I need to use a template content type. 

It's possible to take a content type from the original site collection and download it on my computer ?

I could be upload this one to my other site collection where the files look not availaible, 

I have search in the share folder of Sharepoint and in sharepoint designer. 

In the designer I view all the file in the content type section, but I dont view an option to download the file.

Any help will be welcome. 

Thank you

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 8:39 PM

All replies

• Hi, Marc-Etienne Tremblay,

I assume you want to use a content type from other site collections from you description.

We can set the original site collection as a content type hub. Publish needed content types, then we can use them in other site collections.

For the detailed steps, you can refer to this article:

https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/article/how-to-create-and-use-content-type-hub-in-sharepoint/

Feel free to reply with any update.

Best Regards

Jerry Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 2:46 AM
  • Hi, Marc-Etienne Tremblay,

Have your tried the solution? Is there any update in these days?

Best Regards

Jerry Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, May 20, 2019 1:24 AM
  • Hi Jerry,

sorry for the delay, I have try the solution, but it' not works. 

The content type than I need is not in the list. I have make all step describe on the web site. 

The template is publish, but when I go in the content type publish section I view only 2 content type shared from my other collection site. 

But the other type is not in the list. 

Here is a picture of what I search to reproduce.  It's the list of page template I can use to build new article page.

This list is present and work well on my original site collection.

page template list availaible in my original site collection.

The next picture is the same list on my new site collection.

Like you can view, the number of choice is not the same. 

I have try to built and export a template package. 

After import, the result is than only one new choice is present and it give an error like 

the associate content type is not valid. 

It's the same list in my new site collection. 

I have try to built a new content type via Sharepoint Manager, but the software refuse to save the new template.

It's like I dont have enough right to make new template. 

So I have try with my sharepoint admin user, but I receive the same error. 

I'm go in the site content site section of my new site collection. 

I have create a new content type in the template section.

I could use it to create a new page, but I return always at the same page like the last picture. 

So I could not select the template. 

I have try to copy master page content of my working site collection shared folder, to my new site collection. 

But I dont find the html or aspx file associate with the template who are suppos to be availaible in the list of page template.

Thursday, May 30, 2019 1:54 PM