Don`t fix what is not broken RRS feed

• Question

• What has happened to USER FRIENDLY?  We use to be able to reply and forward.  POW Forward is gone.  So I go to Reply, which places a reply address in the To Box,  I want to forward, so another step to delete the reply person.  Now I'm looking for Forward. Another step to do. Why not Reply, Forward, and automatically display, CC and BB.  Reply has the reply persons name it, and CC BB.  Forward, all clear and CC BB.  One step. 

I have an All In One Officejet 6210 Series Printer.  I scan my first Scan, just great.  Next one and POW, I get error messages.  I know the machine works and what now.  Before I just had to hit the Scan Button, that all changed.  I had another step to do.  I wasted a bunch of time to figure that one out.  If you are going to make Change, don`t add steps.  

Don`t fix what is not broken.  I realize compatibility changes are necessary, but extra Steps are not.

• Moved by Carey FrischMVP Tuesday, September 18, 2012 2:04 AM Relocate (From:Feedback and Comments)
    Tuesday, September 18, 2012 1:51 AM

Answers

•  "mooser1626" wrote in message news:536fef1f-e374-418a-9829-9b688820d90c@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

What has happened to USER FRIENDLY?  We use to be able to reply and forward.  POW Forward is gone.  So I go to Reply, which places a reply address in the To Box,  I want to forward, so another step to delete the reply person.  Now I'm looking for Forward. Another step to do. Why not Reply, Forward, and automatically display, CC and BB.  Reply has the reply persons name it, and CC BB.  Forward, all clear and CC BB.  One step.

What program are you referring to? Obviously an email client of some flavor, but a bit more information would be very useful.

I have an All In One Officejet 6210 Series Printer.  I scan my first Scan, just great.  Next one and POW, I get error messages.  I know the machine works and what now.  Before I just had to hit the Scan Button, that all changed.  I had another step to do.  I wasted a bunch of time to figure that one out.  If you are going to make Change, don`t add steps.

Microsoft didn't change anything with your HP printer; all those changes would come from an updated HP driver.

Don`t fix what is not broken.  I realize compatibility changes are necessary, but extra Steps are not.

You mean like some automobile manufacturers? It used to be you put the key in the ignition and turn it to start the car; now you put the key in, turn it, then press the Start button on the dash. Yeah, I can see that point :-)

SC Tom

• Proposed as answer by Vincent Wang-MCSC Thursday, September 27, 2012 6:17 AM
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Thursday, September 27, 2012 7:26 AM
    Tuesday, September 18, 2012 12:00 PM