none
Pause action cannot be continued, workflow tasks locked, timer job cannot run RRS feed

• Question

• Here is the problems.

1.Pause action cannot be continued in both nintex workflow and designer workflow.
    2.Some approval task action can not be completed after task updated. For example, after click approve,the task is updated, but the approval action is not completed. We tried to unlock the locked task, but the next task will be locked again.
    3.In Central Administration - Timer Job Status, we find a running job naming "Workflow" can not run, its status is "Pausing". Click "run now", nothing happened.

I have restart timer service and reboot server,but not good. Can anyone help? Thank you.

Thursday, October 10, 2019 1:09 AM

Answers

• Hi Justin,

Have you check the ULS log via step 5 in the article above that I provided? Filter the ULS log to identify the problematic workflow.

Besides, the ULS log is at: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\15\LOGS

Since the nintex workflow is a third party tool, I'm not able to provide any suggestion against nintex DB. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, October 11, 2019 3:13 AM

All replies

• Hi Justin,

This issue is the most likely cause is a bad workflow instance. Try to use the following steps to get the problematic workflow:

Step 1: Restrict servers that run the workflow timer job (optional but highly recommended)

Step 2: Set ULS logging level to VerboseEx

Step 3: Clear configuration cache

Step 4: Wait until the issue occurs again and collect ULS logs

Step 5: Examine ULS logs

Step 6: Identify the workflow

Step 7: Terminate the workflow

More detailed information check the article: SharePointworkflow timer job is stuck at "Pausing"

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, October 10, 2019 8:12 AM
  • Hi Grace,

Thank you for your answer.

I find lots of workflow instance in nintex DB. How to know the instance is bad ?

State = 64 means workflow error, are those I shoud terminate

Friday, October 11, 2019 2:45 AM
  • Hi Justin,

Have you check the ULS log via step 5 in the article above that I provided? Filter the ULS log to identify the problematic workflow.

Besides, the ULS log is at: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\15\LOGS

Since the nintex workflow is a third party tool, I'm not able to provide any suggestion against nintex DB. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Friday, October 11, 2019 3:13 AM