none
Cant add activety in Timetable/list RRS feed

• Question

• In time table i get this note when i try to add a new activety in the list( from the timelist bar)
    No projects are available for the creation of new activity.

We have a project running in the project senter, so way dont the project or activeties show in the scrol down menue?

Regards

Ernst

Tuesday, May 2, 2017 11:00 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I am not sure if you are using "Tasks" or "Timesheet". Creating of tasks or assignments can be found at "Add Row". See sample below.

Do you see this button? Or is it greyed out? If you can't use ist: are you using SharePoint Permission Mode or Project Server Permission mode? (If Project Server Permission Mode is enabled, you will find a "Manage Categories" in Settings - PWA Settings).

When permission mode is anabled and you see the button but it is grey for new tasks or assignments, team members may just not be allowed to do so. If this is the case, lett us know to provide a description to enable.

But first of all: Do you see the buttons Add Row? Do you want to use /Tasks.aspx or Timesheet.aspx?

Regards
    Barbara

Wednesday, May 3, 2017 10:50 AM
  • Solved- Problem vas the way we had added new ressorses on in PWA. We had not marked for " user can be added as a ressors", and connected trough user acount with e-mail. We had to remove the ressors from every project. save and publish it, close it. Then add the ressors the correct way. Then we were up and running in the timesheet and tasksheet until next problem.   
    Thursday, May 4, 2017 11:51 AM

All replies

• Hi Ernst,

only members of a project team can self assign to an existing task or create a new task.

To add people to your project's team, open project center. Either mark the line of your project and click on "Build Team" in ribbon. Or click on project's name in Project Center and click on Build Team on tab Project.

In bith cases, add resources to your team (adding them to right column). After saving, these resources should be able to use "Add Row".

Regards
    Barbara

Tuesday, May 2, 2017 1:17 PM
  • Hi Barbara, we have don that, but i had forgotten to " mark them off " on the rh side. Did that. but i still get the same note when i try to add a new row. Is there a place in the erea or pwa  we have to update?
    Wednesday, May 3, 2017 6:20 AM
  • In our time table  upper lh crner ( 2nd coloum) is the comp name, under this the row`s is only labeld administrative. Is this were the project info should appear ?
    Wednesday, May 3, 2017 10:37 AM
  • Hi,

I am not sure if you are using "Tasks" or "Timesheet". Creating of tasks or assignments can be found at "Add Row". See sample below.

Do you see this button? Or is it greyed out? If you can't use ist: are you using SharePoint Permission Mode or Project Server Permission mode? (If Project Server Permission Mode is enabled, you will find a "Manage Categories" in Settings - PWA Settings).

When permission mode is anabled and you see the button but it is grey for new tasks or assignments, team members may just not be allowed to do so. If this is the case, lett us know to provide a description to enable.

But first of all: Do you see the buttons Add Row? Do you want to use /Tasks.aspx or Timesheet.aspx?

Regards
    Barbara

Wednesday, May 3, 2017 10:50 AM
  • Hi Barbara, in the tasksheet, the 2 upper ones are grey( team task ) is useable. In the timesheet everyone is usable. We are using sharepoint mode.  

Get the timesheet up and running is our first priority. 

Regards

Ernst

Wednesday, May 3, 2017 11:37 AM
  • Hi Ernst,

sorry, this should have been my first question, but I just realize now that you see all commands but no projects.

Please open your project and publish. If you are working in browser, open Project Detail Page "Schedule", go to tab Tasks. There you have a "Publish". Only published projects and tasks are available to select from.

Does that help?
    Barbara

Wednesday, May 3, 2017 12:56 PM
  • No, sorry no difference after publisch.    
    Wednesday, May 3, 2017 1:44 PM
  • Tanks for all your help Barbara. We wil contact support to  get help for solving this issue. It is maybe connected to the problem we had with project not showing in the project senter. 
    Thursday, May 4, 2017 6:13 AM
  • Solved- Problem vas the way we had added new ressorses on in PWA. We had not marked for " user can be added as a ressors", and connected trough user acount with e-mail. We had to remove the ressors from every project. save and publish it, close it. Then add the ressors the correct way. Then we were up and running in the timesheet and tasksheet until next problem.   
    Thursday, May 4, 2017 11:51 AM
  • Hi,

thanks for this information. I was still thinking about possible reasons, but this one did not come into my mind :).

Success with your further experience!

Barbara

Friday, May 5, 2017 6:27 AM