Public Folder Archive RRS feed

• Question

• Hi to everyone

In my organization we have one exchange server 2k13 with CU2  and we are haivng 15 public folders are available in our organisation.but still now we are not able to export the mail enabled public folders to PST or delete the unwanted mails in that public folder. Every time we're try to do by manually even manually also it will take too much time to do the activity.Kindly help me overcome this issue.

Saturday, December 28, 2013 6:20 AM

All replies

• What is the total size of those folders? Outlook as limitation on exporting the PST.
    http://www.codetwo.com/kb/how-to-archive-data-from-public-folders

http://www.quadrotech-it.com/products/public-folder-exporter/

You can use these script to delete the folders
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa997202(v=exchg.150).aspx

Cheers,

Gulab Prasad

Technology Consultant

My Blog: Exchange Ranger

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Saturday, December 28, 2013 9:25 AM
  • hi gulab

nice to hear from you among 15 public folders 2 folders are contain around 6GB of mails.

can u help to sort out this issue

Saturday, December 28, 2013 10:31 AM
  • Let me ask this, do you want to archive or export it to PST that 6 GB folder or want to delete them?

Cheers,

Gulab Prasad

Technology Consultant

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Saturday, December 28, 2013 10:33 AM
  • Hi gulab,

thanks for your response

I need to delete the entire mails (that all are alert mails only)

Saturday, December 28, 2013 10:52 AM
  • and one more favor from you

whenever i tried to access the public folder "outlook gets hang for sometime" and this issue for all of the users access public folder.

here we 're using outlook 2010 (14.0.6112.5000) and 2013.

Kindly help on this issue.

Saturday, December 28, 2013 10:56 AM
  • The reason is due to the size of Public Folder.
    If you want to delete all the emails from the Public Folder, you can use OWA to do that...

That's the good option you have or you Can use Outlook but as you said it hangs.
    Make sure you login as Admin to delete those emails.

Cheers,

Gulab Prasad

Technology Consultant

Saturday, December 28, 2013 1:06 PM
  • hi thanks for your response,

Is't any possible to export the public folder mails to .PST through powershell command or any other script.

Regards

Kart03

Monday, December 30, 2013 4:58 AM
  • Hi Gulab 

Is't possible to update plz for the below mentioned Issue

Thursday, January 2, 2014 1:46 AM