windows movie maker can't startx RRS feed

• Question

• my movie maker can't start(win 7)

it say your video driver may update or not compatible your pc

but i checked already, driver is latest version and my pc is compatible 

so i want to ask, how to fix it.....

(before my pc have movie maker 2.6,but i uninstall it already))

my driver is intel graphic g33/g31

我不是很聪明,但是也不笨。。。哈哈!!

• Edited by oks1998 Tuesday, April 2, 2013 8:30 AM
    Tuesday, April 2, 2013 8:28 AM

Answers

• Hi,

If you're using the latest version of Movie Maker and your PC meets the system requirements but you still get this error, please check that your PC has the latest video driver installed as the following method:

1. To check the video card manufacturer and driver installed on your PC, click the Start button . In the search box, type dxdiag, and then, in the list of results, click dxdiag to open the DirectX Diagnostic Tool. If you get a message asking to check if your drivers are digitally signed, click Yes.
    2. In the DirectX Diagnostic Tool, on the Display tab, in the Device group is the name of the your video card and manufacturer. In the Drivers group is the driver version you have installed. Compare these with the info provided by the manufacturer’s website. If a newer driver is available, follow the manufacturer’s instructions to install it.

Also, have you tested in clean boot mode to see if this issue persists?

How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

if this issue persists, check the event viewer to see if there is error information about this application.

Alex Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Friday, April 19, 2013 7:29 AM
    Friday, April 5, 2013 2:30 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I suggest you use Windows Essentials programs:

Movie Maker

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/movie-maker-get-started

and there are some hardware requirements:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-essentials-2012-system-requirements

Alex Zhao

Wednesday, April 3, 2013 7:32 AM
  • no....my pc was installed two version ...one is movie maker 2.6 and another one is movie maker (essentials)

but 2.6 version can use, just the essential one can't use because it say my pc not compatible with the movie maker, but i checked already, my pc is compatible.....(windows 7 ultimate)

maybe is the driver problem, it say maybe need update driver but i checked also,my driver is latest version.......(intel g33/g31)

我不是很聪明,但是也不笨。。。哈哈!!

Wednesday, April 3, 2013 8:38 AM
  • Hi,

How do you update your driver?

Do you go to the official website to download the latest version?

Maybe you can give us the error message literally so we can get a better understanding about this issue.

Alex Zhao

Thursday, April 4, 2013 2:20 AM
  • the error message is like this

and i checked already...driver is latest version....

我不是很聪明,但是也不笨。。。哈哈!!

• Edited by oks1998 Thursday, April 4, 2013 10:16 AM
    Thursday, April 4, 2013 10:16 AM
  • Hi,

If you're using the latest version of Movie Maker and your PC meets the system requirements but you still get this error, please check that your PC has the latest video driver installed as the following method:

1. To check the video card manufacturer and driver installed on your PC, click the Start button . In the search box, type dxdiag, and then, in the list of results, click dxdiag to open the DirectX Diagnostic Tool. If you get a message asking to check if your drivers are digitally signed, click Yes.
    2. In the DirectX Diagnostic Tool, on the Display tab, in the Device group is the name of the your video card and manufacturer. In the Drivers group is the driver version you have installed. Compare these with the info provided by the manufacturer’s website. If a newer driver is available, follow the manufacturer’s instructions to install it.

Also, have you tested in clean boot mode to see if this issue persists?

How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

if this issue persists, check the event viewer to see if there is error information about this application.

Alex Zhao

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Friday, April 19, 2013 7:29 AM
    Friday, April 5, 2013 2:30 AM