UAG Components (Network Connector) Conflict with Juniper Network Connect RRS feed

• Question

• We're running into an issue with XP clients that have both UAG Network Connector (4.0.0) and Juniper Network Connect (6.1.0) components installed.  If Juniper is already installed, installation of the Network Connector fails ("Failed updating components" and "SSL Network Tunneling session failed. failed to open virtual device (0x80004005)").  If we install UAG first, then install Juniper everything is happy until we start the Network Connector ("SSL Network Tunneling session failed: Failed to start non-split session (0x80004005)").  The Juniper Network Connect works without issue.   We can only resolve this error when the Juniper components are uninstalled from the system.

I'd love to turn on tracing, though documentation is slim to none. The server is UAG SP2 Update 3, not that I think it is relevent.

Is this a known issue and is there a workaround? (Besides uninstalling Juniper)

• Edited by D N G Monday, March 29, 2010 6:55 PM Added more error details
    Monday, March 29, 2010 6:52 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Deejeridoo;

You said -> I'd love to turn on tracing, though documentation is slim to none. The server is UAG SP2 Update 3, not that I think it is relevent.

Do you mean IAG SP2 Update 3?  UAG is brand new... no updates yet.

Don

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 4:48 PM
  • Yup, typo, IAG SP2U3.  Client components are UAG 4.0.1101.0 though, which is relevant for the client side tracing.
    Tuesday, March 30, 2010 6:11 PM
  • My blog has some info about client troubleshooting:

http://blogs.technet.com/ben/archive/2009/03/21/troubleshooting-iag-client-installation-issues.aspx

Hope that helps.

Ben Ari
    Microsoft CSS IAG Support
    Sammamish, WA
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Wednesday, March 31, 2010 7:15 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by D N G Thursday, April 1, 2010 12:36 AM
    Wednesday, March 31, 2010 7:14 PM
  • Do you have any details on enabling client side tracing for UAG component (ctrace is gone)?
    Thursday, April 1, 2010 12:37 AM
  • Hi Deerjeridoo

The client side tracing on UAG is done by running a file called trace.hta that's in the client components folder. You select which components you want to run, and click GO. The challange is that the generated log is binary, and you won't be able to read it directly. To read it, you first have to decypher it using special trace files that are not available for public download. If you open a support case with Microsoft CSS, we can deliver these to you.

Ben Ari
    Microsoft CSS IAG Support
    Sammamish, WA
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Tuesday, April 13, 2010 11:50 PM
    Tuesday, April 13, 2010 11:50 PM
  • Seriously?
    Wednesday, April 14, 2010 2:13 PM
  • I agree, so, we can't run client side debug without opening a ticket with MS? Seriously? 
    Thursday, May 6, 2010 7:41 PM
  • Gents,

The UAG TMF files, which are needed to convert the binary trace file into text, are about to be published to the Microsoft Download Center practically any day now, together with a document describing how to use the new tracing tool (which Ben explained above).

-Ran

Saturday, May 8, 2010 6:36 AM
  • Just a short update: you can now download the UAG TMF files, as well as a UAG tracing document, from the Microsoft Download Center, here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=fc052e67-2a04-4058-b326-9d92aa67b2c4

You can also see this blog post:
    http://blogs.technet.com/edgeaccessblog/archive/2010/05/16/forefront-uag-tracing-is-available.aspx

• Marked as answer by D N G Monday, May 17, 2010 1:02 PM
    Sunday, May 16, 2010 11:44 AM
  • Brilliant, thank you!
    Monday, May 17, 2010 1:02 PM