Creative Beta 2 Audigy 2ZS Platinum Pro Drivers RRS feed

• Question

• The Creative Sound Blaster Audigy series Vista Beta Driver still has serious issues at least on my installation. Currently this driver is the only driver I have installed that is unsigned. It is causing an occasional Blue Screen of Death. This problem is very intermittent and happens only occasional when I am using Media Center or Windows Media Player 11.

My installation uses an Intel D955XBK motherboard and the Intel Pentium D 940 Presler 3.2 GHz processor. I have the Intel High Definition Audio disabled in the motherboard and the Creative beta driver installed. This driver is the only driver that is not installed during the Visa Beta 2 installation, other than the Intel chipset drivers which  I have installed using XP S2 compatibility.

Is anyone else having problems with this driver?

Sunday, July 2, 2006 6:59 PM

All replies

• I'm having the same problem with the Creative Driver... it's still very buggy.

For now, I'm using the sound card in the motherboard (Asus P4C800) and waiting for Creative to launch new drivers.

However, being Creative one off the biggest world constructor, if not the number one, of soundcards, I can't understand why there is no native Creative drivers in Vista RC1.

Tuesday, October 3, 2006 8:02 AM