WAIK 8.1 with MDT 2010.1 RRS feed

• Question

• I worked on an SCCM contract about a year ago and ran SCCM 2012 SP1 with MDT 2010.1 integrated. Now the client has screwed around as they do and decided to upgrade SCCM to R2 to see if they could fix failing Task sequences. I've been asked to look into it - I had a brief remote look and saw that the MDT database could not be accessed message was about the WAIK. Now I know you have to uninstall ADK 8.0 and install ADK 8.1 for SCCM 2012r2 upgrade which I think they did. I suspect therefore there's a mismatch in the MDT version and newer

My question is can you upgrade i.e. install MDT 2013 on the server without affecting the setting in the existing MDT database which I set up previously?

Ian Burnell, London (UK)

Friday, March 13, 2015 8:22 PM

All replies

• Bump - anybody ?

Issue is I need to upgrade from MDT 2010 to MDT 2013. Because the client has installed ADK 8.1 in order to install SCCM 2012 R2 will I even be able to access MDT if I install MDT 2012.1 in order to upgrade the database which I don't want to loose. Perhaps I might need to temporarily uninstall ADK 8.1 ??

Ian Burnell, London (UK)

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 8:05 AM
  • Honestly not sure what the results would be - I don't have an MDT database in my ConfigMgr implementation.

Can you take a backup of the MDT database, perform the MDT 2013 integration, and then restore the database if something goes wrong?

-Nick O.

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 2:47 PM