HORM not working on POSReady 7 RRS feed

• Question

• On my POSReady 7 installation, the Admin CLI commands toggling EWF on and off work fine, but ewfMgr –activatehorm command returns a  “HORM  is not supported on this image” response. In adding the EWF packages from the install dsk using DISM, I noticed the EWF management tool was missing from the Distribution Share. When I asked my support person at Microsoft, he disclosed that the tool was pulled because of an exposed bug. I was able to transfer the tool over from WES 7 and found that it couldn’t toggle HORM on/off either.

Is it just me, or is HORM not working on POSReady 7?

Friday, August 19, 2011 8:23 PM

Answers

• Hi John. You are not alone with this issue. My workaround is:

a) mount reserved partition
    b) copy HORM.dat from C:\Windows\Boot\PCAT to [reserved partition drive]:\Boot

P.S. Please don't forget to disable EWF before modifications
    Thursday, September 8, 2011 10:54 AM

All replies

• Forgetting HORM for a second, can the system be hibernated normally? If not that might be the problem.

If hibernation is not working, is the video driver installed?

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - ProGuide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    Friday, August 19, 2011 9:38 PM
  • Hi John. You are not alone with this issue. My workaround is:

a) mount reserved partition
    b) copy HORM.dat from C:\Windows\Boot\PCAT to [reserved partition drive]:\Boot

P.S. Please don't forget to disable EWF before modifications
    Thursday, September 8, 2011 10:54 AM
  • i have the same problem.and tried your solution but i cant find HORM.dat file

please,help me with this problem,i need HORM badly

and its not working

Monday, August 5, 2013 12:51 PM
  • John, It might be a good idea to update your company information in your profile since you are not at Avnet anymore.

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WE8S, Pro Guide to WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Saturday, August 10, 2013 2:57 AM