none
Scanstate doesn't capture AppData RRS feed

• Question

• When I use Scanstate no appdata is being captured except for the Microsoft folder under appdata/local.

This is the command I am using to capture user state;

scanstate.exe F:\usmt_user /i:MigApp.xml /i:miguser.xml /i:migdocs.xml /i:folders.xml /ue:%computername%\* /ui:myDomain\me /o /c /localonly /l:f:\log\scanlog.log /progress:f:\log\prog.log

Scanstate works okay it is just not capturing AppData besides Microsoft folders.

Snippet from Migapp.xml under google that comes with USMT tools.

<conditions><condition>MigXmlHelper.DoesObjectExist("File","%CSIDL_LOCAL_APPDATA%\Google\Chrome\Application [chrome.exe]")</condition><condition>MigXmlHelper.DoesObjectExist("File","%CSIDL_LOCAL_APPDATA%\Google\Chrome\Application\1.*")</condition></conditions>

I created a file called folders.xml, here is a snippit to capture google chrome appdata.

<include>

<objectSet>

<pattern type="File">C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Google\* [*]</pattern>

</objectSet>

</include>

The above code from folders.xml captures google chrome appdata but just for the one user

Anyway...

It seems that the CSIDL_LOCAL_APPDATA in Migapp.xml is the problem. I just do not have the expertise to troubleshoot. I tried creating a PS file to iterate CSIDL_LOCAL_APPDATA files under AppData/local but to no avail.

I could use some good advice from an expert.

Thanks,

Rick

Thursday, February 22, 2018 8:30 PM