Office 2016 for Mac / El Capitan is a Disaster RRS feed

• Question

• <section class="j-original-message" style="margin:0px 0px 32px;padding:0px 40px 0px 22px;border:0px;font-weight:inherit;font-style:inherit;font-family:inherit;vertical-align:baseline;">

I upgraded to El Capitan and Office 2016 around the same time, and have been having innumerable problems with Office since then. I've found lots of evidence that I'm not alone, however I don't seem to be able to find any particular solutions. I can't determine whether it's the El Capitan upgrade that's causing the problem or the Office 2016, or if it's simply a question of incompatibility? Should I downgrade back to Yosemite (assuming that's even possible!) or should I revert to Office 2011 for Mac (I use 365, so I'm guessing that is possible). Before I break it entirely, I'd appreciate some input from other users. Everything else on my iMac works fine on El Capitan, and I gave up long ago on using any version of Outlook for Mac because none of them were unproblematic. But I really need to use Word and Excel and they keep not responding in the middle of working, resulting in far too much lost time and information.

All help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

</section><footer style="margin:24px 0px 0px;padding:0px 40px 0px 15px;border-width:1px 0px 0px;border-top-style:solid;border-top-color:#e5e5e5;font-weight:inherit;font-style:inherit;font-size:0.9em;font-family:inherit;vertical-align:baseline;min-height:0px;zoom:1;clear:both;"></footer>
    Sunday, March 13, 2016 5:22 PM

Answers