Outlook-owner of distribution group cannot edit membership RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have problém with distribtution groups membership. I wan to add or remove users from group but in Outlook I get "Changes to the distribution list membership cannot be saved. You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object". When I tried OWA it works perfect. 

I tried some scripts like this link: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/exchange/2009/11/18/how-to-manage-groups-that-i-already-own-in-exchange-2010/, but didnt help at all.

Thanks for advice

Friday, August 3, 2018 7:16 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Check if your distribution groups are universal groups. If not, you can convert them to universal groups using the Exchange Management Console.

You should be able to modify the group membership with outlook for universal distribution groups.

Let me know if it helps!

Best regards,

John

Friday, August 3, 2018 7:31 AM
  • Hi, 

thanks for idea, but distribution group is universal, so Your advice didnt help.

Friday, August 3, 2018 8:29 AM
  • Hi hnnycs,

What's the version of your Exchange sever? 

Based on my research about the error message mentioned in your post, there are multiple causes which might lead to this error. Please refer to the article below and try the other possible resolutions to check the result:

Can't manage distribution group from Outlook with Exchange Server mailbox

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, August 6, 2018 2:56 AM
  • Hi hnnycs,

Just checked in to see how everything is going on with the issue. If any reply above was helpful, could you please help mark the post as answer so that others who might have a similar issue can more easily search for the information. If you fixed the problem by your own, it would also be greatly appreciated if you could share your resolution with us and mark your own reply as answer to close the thread. Thanks for your understanding and support. 

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, September 5, 2018 7:53 AM