none
SBS Essentials 2012 R2 loses vhdx when used with Server Folders

Question

• My installation of Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials loses access to any vhdx when a "server folder" has been moved to it.  I have scoured the net for a solution and have not found a thing on this issue.  The vhdx reappears after a reboot but goes MIA after the system attempts client backups ( I guess).  I have several other vhdx's that behave normal.
    Monday, February 20, 2017 4:11 PM

All replies

• Hi Jhaustx,

>>My installation of Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials loses access to any vhdx when a "server folder" has been moved to it.

When you say move to it, do you mean change the location manually? I'm not familiar with essentials and would you please provide detailed description of your operation.

Are there any related events?

Best Regards,

Leo

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 3:20 AM
  • "Move to" means that the location of the server folders are moved from one vhdx to another.
    Tuesday, February 21, 2017 11:04 PM
  • Hi Jhaustx,

>>My installation of Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials loses access to any vhdx when a "server folder" has been moved to it

>>I have several other vhdx's that behave normal.

What do you mean by saying lose access to any vhdx and then say behave normal?

Best Regards,

Leo

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 22, 2017 7:24 AM
  • Hi,

Are there any updates?

You could mark the reply as answer if it is helpful. 

Best Regards,

Leo

Thursday, March 09, 2017 11:14 AM