Configuring Key mapping on UM Auto Attendant RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to press '2' to goto voicemail.  On the Keyapping tab i select perform this additonal action then leave a voicemail for an enabled UM user.  Click apply and i get the following error message "The mailbox specified isn't valid.  Check to be sure the user exsits and is UM-enabled in the same dial plan as this auto attendant. 

I can confim the user is UM enabled.  How do i ensure the user is in the same dial plan as the auto attendant?

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 4:53 PM

Answers

• You can't simply change the EUM address.  That would affect what UM Dial Plan the mailbox could call answer for, but not what UM Dial Plan the mailbox is assigned to. 

To properly assign the mailbox to a different UM Dial Plan, you will need to UM disable the mailbox and then UM enable the mailbox to a UM Mailbox Policy that is associated with the correct UM Dial Plan.

• Marked as answer by GDFB Thursday, July 11, 2013 4:20 PM
    Thursday, July 11, 2013 1:43 PM

All replies

• Check the UM user's EUM address.  The FQDN equivalent of the UM Dial Plan is seen in the assigned primary EUM address of the UM account.

Or you can see it through PS

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 8:34 PM
  • I have updated the UM users email address to that of the UM Dial Plan.  When selecting user to send voicemail to i still recieve error "check to be sure the user exsits and is UM-enabled in the same dial plan as this auto attendant"

Am i missing something?

Thursday, July 11, 2013 12:29 PM
  • You can't simply change the EUM address.  That would affect what UM Dial Plan the mailbox could call answer for, but not what UM Dial Plan the mailbox is assigned to. 

To properly assign the mailbox to a different UM Dial Plan, you will need to UM disable the mailbox and then UM enable the mailbox to a UM Mailbox Policy that is associated with the correct UM Dial Plan.

• Marked as answer by GDFB Thursday, July 11, 2013 4:20 PM
    Thursday, July 11, 2013 1:43 PM