none
GPO not updating/receiving

Question

• I created group policy for a set of computers on our network. For whatever reason the policies stopped going out. They are basically the same policy with user restrictions and such just added some changes (mainly desktop shortcuts and mapped a network drive). When forced there is no change and if i revert back to the originally policy it doesn't update either. I ran gpresults and it didn't show the added policies but also didn't show them as being blocked. I cannot find anything with in GPO that is restricting it and there are no network issues. I am some what new to group policy so I may not even know where to look. Any ideas or insight would be greatly appreciated. 
    Monday, February 20, 2017 3:50 PM

All replies

• > I created group policy for a set of computers on our network.

Filtered by security group? MS16-072...

> I ran gpresults and it didn't show the added policies but also didn't show them as being blocked.

AD replication healthy? (repadmin /showreps and repadmin /replsum for a quick check)
    Sysvol replication healthy? (Eventlog...)

> Any ideas or insight would be greatly appreciated.

As suggested above. In addition: Screen output of "gpupdate /force"?

Monday, February 20, 2017 5:01 PM
  • Hi,
    Are there any related events logged in the event viewer? And when you run gpresult /r command, did you find whether the GPO is applied or not?
    If the GPO is not applied, please follow the article as below to troubleshoot it:
    10 Common Problems Causing Group Policy To Not Apply
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/22457.10-common-problems-causing-group-policy-to-not-apply.aspx
    And if the GPO is applied, as Martin said, you could check if MS16-072 update is installed on clients and domain controllers which might cause user group policy not working, if that is the case, please use the Group Policy Management Console (GPMC.MSC) and add the Authenticated Users group with Read Permissions on the Group Policy Object (GPO). If you are using security filtering, add the Domain Computers group with read permission. You could see details from: https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/kb/3163622
    Best Regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 8:31 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking how the issue going, if you still have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

And if the replies as above are helpful, we would appreciate you to mark them as answers, and if you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be greatly helpful to others who have the same question.

Appreciate for your feedback.

Best regards,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, March 1, 2017 6:24 AM