none
Who or what is hbmuhnrriqr.exe? RRS feed

• Question

• My browser was running slow so I opened task manager and found a number of hbmuhnrriqr.exe running. I find no reference to it online or in the processlibrary.com website. I tried ending them with task manager but they restart. I will try rebooting next. I don't go to shady web sites so I have no idea where it came from. I do hear an audio that sounds like an ad play sometimes and this (microsoft.com) is the only page I have open. 
    • Moved by Peter GeelenMVP Friday, October 24, 2014 10:31 AM Not Wiki related
    Thursday, October 23, 2014 9:20 PM

Answers

• Hi,

We can first try to boot into Safe mode and scan virus to see if we can get it removed.

If not, I recommend you to perform a system restore back to when the system worked fine to check the issue.

Kate Li
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, October 27, 2014 8:58 AM

All replies

• Rebooting did not eliminate this program. Its description says Google Chrome but I never installed Chrome. I can't believe I'm the first to catch this malware.
    Thursday, October 23, 2014 9:49 PM
  • Hello,

I'd ask in the Virus and Malware forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion':

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Friday, October 24, 2014 2:00 PM
  • Hi,

We can first try to boot into Safe mode and scan virus to see if we can get it removed.

If not, I recommend you to perform a system restore back to when the system worked fine to check the issue.

Kate Li
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, October 27, 2014 8:58 AM
  • I could not boot in safe mode. I used system restore to eliminate it.
    I moved this question to the Virus and Malware forum.
    • Edited by Godzilla-66 Wednesday, November 5, 2014 3:41 PM
    Wednesday, November 5, 2014 3:40 PM