SMS_SERVER_BOOTSTRAP_SERVERNAME keeps reinstalling component; RRS feed

• Question

• 2012r2 sp1 cu3

I have a secondary site that keeps (successfully) reinstalling the same component over and over again, this causes the SMS Agent to stop which affects clients trying to use Software Center.

How do I stop it??

Thanks

On 04/01/16 04:22:10, component SMS_SITE_COMPONENT_MANAGER on computer server.domain.local reported:  Site Component Manager is installing this component on this site system.

CORRECTION

Looks like it is failing so that's why it is retrying.

On 04/01/16 03:22:09, component SMS_SITE_COMPONENT_MANAGER on computer server.domain.local reported:  Site Component Manager failed to install this component on this site system.

Solution: Review the previous status messages to determine the exact reason for the failure. Site Component Manager will automatically retry the installation in  minutes. To force Site Component Manager to immediately retry the installation, stop and restart Site Component Manager using the Configuration Manager Service Manager.

Just found this also but I compaired these permissions with a server not having this problem and they are the same.

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

{1A9FFCE9-10C1-40BC-9815-B20C1DC2D156}

and APPID

{AD65A69D-3831-40D7-9629-9B0B50A93843}

to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

But when the bootstrap is not running everything works perfectly - HELP ME PLEASE

my TEMP fix is to disable the SMS_SITE_COMPONENT_MANAGER
    • Edited by jamicon Friday, April 1, 2016 12:49 PM
    Friday, April 1, 2016 12:03 PM

Answers

• it was CU3 bug, uninstall MP, install CCM, re-install MP, fixed.
    • Marked as answer by jamicon Monday, August 15, 2016 5:47 PM
    Monday, August 15, 2016 5:47 PM

All replies

• Dear Sir,

SMS_SERVER_BOOTSTRAP_SERVERNAME is not a component, it's running to trigger installing other things. To disable SMS_SITE_COMPONENT_MANAGER is not a good idea because it will stop site component from installing or configuration. Do you know which component the secondary site failed to install or configure? Anything in sitecomp.log? What about Monitoring node in console?

Best regards

Frank

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Saturday, April 2, 2016 9:47 AM
  • hence a TEMP fix
    Monday, April 4, 2016 11:28 AM
  • it was CU3 bug, uninstall MP, install CCM, re-install MP, fixed.
    • Marked as answer by jamicon Monday, August 15, 2016 5:47 PM
    Monday, August 15, 2016 5:47 PM