Site Collection Admin Access Denied RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All

I have running site on my server, and i have already added one user in to secondary site collection administrator. But when i will login with that user access denied message appear.

I am not able to change any settings even through admin account for that site.

Please help me.

Thanks Raveesh Katiyar
    Thursday, September 1, 2011 2:41 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Are you able to access system pages like _layouts/viewlsts.aspx? I think there is s something added to your default page where you do not have access.

In another way remove webparts one by one from your page to check if anyone of them is causing any issues.

I hope this will help you out.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    • Marked as answer by Pengyu Zhao Tuesday, September 13, 2011 3:23 AM
    Thursday, September 1, 2011 5:48 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Are you able to access system pages like _layouts/viewlsts.aspx? I think there is s something added to your default page where you do not have access.

In another way remove webparts one by one from your page to check if anyone of them is causing any issues.

I hope this will help you out.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    • Marked as answer by Pengyu Zhao Tuesday, September 13, 2011 3:23 AM
    Thursday, September 1, 2011 5:48 PM
  • Are you able to access the site using a different account ? or it is completely inaccessible.?

• Try a new site collection in the same web app
  • Try to access the settings page directly /_layouts/settings.aspx

• Try to access the site using different account

• check the site quota (Central Admin- Application management - Storage space allocation)

• Thanks & Regards Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Thursday, September 1, 2011 5:50 PM