Windows 8 RRS feed

• Question

• How can I downgrade Windows 8.1 to Windows 8?  I prefer the previous version than the current version

Thanks,

Kevin

Saturday, November 23, 2013 2:16 AM

Answers

• Hi Kevin,

Thanks for posting!

Base on my experience, we don't downgrade our OS form windows 8.1 to windows 8. If you want to use windows 8, I guess you may only re-install you OS.

And it seems like this issue is related to Windows System, I will move this issue to Windows System discussion to get better support.

Thanks,

Regards,

Will 

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by Carey FrischMVP Monday, November 25, 2013 6:55 AM
    • Marked as answer by Karen Hu Thursday, December 5, 2013 2:21 AM
    Monday, November 25, 2013 5:37 AM
  • Hi Kevin,

As Will said, We can't use your Windows 8 system image on Windows 8.1, it's a different operating system. So this is not a downgrade at all. We just could go back to the old operating system by reinstallation.

Karen Hu
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, November 25, 2013 10:37 AM

All replies

• Hi Kevin,

Thanks for posting!

Base on my experience, we don't downgrade our OS form windows 8.1 to windows 8. If you want to use windows 8, I guess you may only re-install you OS.

And it seems like this issue is related to Windows System, I will move this issue to Windows System discussion to get better support.

Thanks,

Regards,

Will 

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by Carey FrischMVP Monday, November 25, 2013 6:55 AM
    Monday, November 25, 2013 5:37 AM
  • Hi Kevin,

As Will said, We can't use your Windows 8 system image on Windows 8.1, it's a different operating system. So this is not a downgrade at all. We just could go back to the old operating system by reinstallation.

Karen Hu
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, November 25, 2013 10:37 AM